X Marks the Scot - An on-line community of kilt wearers.

X Marks Partners - (Go to the Partners Dedicated Forums )
USA Kilts website Freedom Kilts website Scotweb websiten Burnetts and Struth website The Scottish Trading Company
Xmarks advertising information Xmarks advertising information Celtic Croft website Xmarks advertising information Xmarks advertising information

User Tag List

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Father Bill View Post
    Very feminine actually.
    A lot of 'female' fashions are often much older men's fashions that get feminised - things like frock style coats with frills and such like. Even barbour jackets with sleeves rolled up etc...

2. The Following 3 Users say 'Aye' to Allan Thomson For This Useful Post:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My Irish fisherman's knit sweater has a reasonably looser weave than a military-style wooly pully, and I would be worried about having the belt buckle catch the sweater, even for a belt with no sharp edges. I would opt for wearing the sweater without a belt for this reason alone. Additionally, my mother knitted it for me and it is not replaceable. Just my opinion on the subject, mind you.
    May you have warm words on a cool evening, a full moon on a dark night, and a smooth road all the way to your door. - Irish Blessing

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think beltless and sweater over kilt would be the way to go. Just like if one were wearing trousers.

Wearing the sweater over the kilt had a practical aspect to it as well. What if you go inside a well heated house and need to remove it?
    Last edited by FossilHunter; 11th December 18 at 09:48 PM.
    Descendant of the Gillises and MacDonalds of North Morar.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234