Whenever I wear a jumper/sweater/hoodie, I wear it like I'd wear it with trousers. I tend to not wear belts anymore with my kilts as they're not really needed and were annoying me anyway. My sweater would be over the top of my kilt; generally speaking, I don't like how bulky tops look with my kilt so it's rare that I do such a thing except when I'm a home.

I, personally, have never seen a jumper tucked into the kilt.

Best,
Jonathan

Quote Originally Posted by CollinMacD View Post
Often I find myself wearing Irish Sweaters with my kilt, as I see others doing the same. However, I would like to know the proper way to wear it. Do you wear a belt, or not? Do you wear the sweater on the outside, or do you tuck the sweater under the waist of the kilt?

I have been wearing it with no belt, over the outside of the kilt, like you would wear a sweater with pair of trousers. However, I have seen several wearing the sweater (which is rather bulky) actually tucked in with a belt.

Now, if there is no set or acceptable way the sweater is to be worn with a kilt, I would rather have no bel, t and wear the sweater outside over the waist.

Don't know if anybody has asked this question in the past, but I feel the sweater is similar to a waistcoat, and really no need for a belt, and I have no idea why you would tuck a sweater under the kilt waistband then wear a belt, seems to be very cumbersome, and odd looking.

Thoughts?