X Marks the Scot - An on-line community of kilt wearers.

X Marks Partners - (Go to the Partners Dedicated Forums )
USA Kilts website Celtic Croft website Celtic Corner website Houston Kiltmakers

User Tag List

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The HORROR!! Wearing Dress Sox With A Kilt

You would think anyone marketing kilts would know not to promote their kilts with the model wearing dress sox rather than kilt hose.

I'm all for pushing the envelope....but this just doesn't seem anywhere near fashionable...

Some outfit called Verillas Lifesyles...never heard of them... maybe the rabble has more info or maybe kilt fashion has left me in the dust....?
    Ol' Macdonald himself, a proud son of Skye and Cape Breton Island
    Lifetime Member STA. Two time winner of Utilikiltarian of the Month.
    "I'll have a kilt please, a nice hand sewn tartan, 16 ounce Strome. Oh, and a sporran on the side, with a strap please."

2. The Following 3 Users say 'Aye' to Riverkilt For This Useful Post:

Nomad is offline Oops, it seems this member needs to update their email address
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Did a quick search to have a look at some of their other outfits, didn't see a tartan kilt once. Their kilts, in the main, are black with some form of flashy material shown in the pleat and more often than not worn with knee high boots, so no assault on traditional wear just another fashion company trying to be stylish/outrageous with mens skirts.

Not to my taste, but each to his own, some who are into more goth like styles probably enjoy wearing them, that said as far as my tastes go the socks still look stupid.

4. The Following 9 Users say 'Aye' to Nomad For This Useful Post:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    Did a quick search to have a look at some of their other outfits, didn't see a tartan kilt once. Their kilts, in the main, are black with some form of flashy material shown in the pleat and more often than not worn with knee high boots, so no assault on traditional wear just another fashion company trying to be stylish/outrageous with mens skirts.

Not to my taste, but each to his own, some who are into more goth like styles probably enjoy wearing them, that said as far as my tastes go the socks still look stupid.
    They have acrylic tartan kilts and solid kilts with cargo pockets too. Mens and womens. More of the goth / ren faire type attire.

Clan Mackintosh North America / Clan Chattan Association
    Cormack, McIntosh, Gow, Finlayson, Farquar, Waters, Swanson, Ross, Oag, Gilbert, Munro, Turnbough,
    McElroy, McCoy, Mackay, Henderson, Ivester, Castles, Copeland, MacQueen, McCumber, Matheson, Burns,
    Wilson, Campbell, Bartlett, Munro - a few of the ancestral names, mainly from the North-east of Scotland

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I dont see a kilt in the photo, just a guy in a skirt.

7. The Following 4 Users say 'Aye' to Luke MacGillie For This Useful Post:

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Also POOR fashion sense to wear dress sox with a man skirt....
    Ol' Macdonald himself, a proud son of Skye and Cape Breton Island
    Lifetime Member STA. Two time winner of Utilikiltarian of the Month.
    "I'll have a kilt please, a nice hand sewn tartan, 16 ounce Strome. Oh, and a sporran on the side, with a strap please."

9. The Following 3 Users say 'Aye' to Riverkilt For This Useful Post:

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We've had a few members test their skills of making kilts with different colored lined pleats. It was bound to become a business choice for someone. To each his own on how to present an idea of kilted. This will not affect my dress decisions.

11. The Following 2 Users say 'Aye' to Tarheel For This Useful Post:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I actually don't mind, in context. I have a Verillas kilt, all black with cargo pockets. The quality is actually very good for the price. I often wear it in casual settings with whatever socks I pull out of the drawer and running shoes or low-top boots. It is great for doing yard work. And based on the construction, it is a kilt IMHO.

"Once you can accept the universe as matter expanding into nothing that is something, wearing stripes with plaid comes easy." - Albert Einstein

13. The Following 4 Users say 'Aye' to Truitt For This Useful Post: