X Marks the Scot - An on-line community of kilt wearers.

X Marks Partners - (Go to the Partners Dedicated Forums )
USA Kilts website Celtic Croft website Celtic Corner website Houston Kiltmakers

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hogmanay in Oakland @ The CommonWealth Cafe & Pub

This is the ultimate low-key Hogmanay in Oakland, California.

I'll be there kilted, arriving around 2:30pm. Let me know if you are interested and we can plan a meet-up. But even if you don't connect beforehand, you'll probably figure out who I am. I'll be wearing the Mackintosh kilt in my avatar. Hard to miss.

CommonWealth has excellent food and I hear they may have Cornish-style pastie pies, but even if they don't, the regular menu is quite good, they have a great local craft beer menu, and Belhaven on draft.

https://commonwealthoakland.com/new-.../new-years-eve

"Why wait until midnight? The Commonwealth Cafe and Public House hosts their daytime New Year’s Eve party with bagpipe players and a complimentary champagne toast. Please note, this will be a small celebration, so if you’re looking to get crazy on NYE, the Commonwealth Cafe probably isn’t for you."

Get your New Years Eve Ritual out of the way so you can go to bed early and possibly not be hungover the next day. Join us for HOGMANAY at the pub! Our NYE countdown is family friendly, featuring traditional Scottish Bag Pipes, and a free champagne toast! Fun ends at 4pm sharp, so get here early!

(this is not me, but someone the CW used for their posts)
    Last edited by California Highlander; 30th December 18 at 03:06 PM.

Clan Mackintosh North America / Clan Chattan Association
    Cormack, McIntosh, Gow, Finlayson, Farquar, Waters, Swanson, Ross, Oag, Gilbert, Munro, Turnbough,
    McElroy, McCoy, Mackay, Henderson, Ivester, Castles, Copeland, MacQueen, McCumber, Matheson, Burns,
    Wilson, Campbell, Bartlett, Munro - a few of the ancestral names, mainly from the North-east of Scotland

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A few photos

Here are a couple of photos from the event. The piper played four tunes, champagne was passed around and a good time was had. Positive comments on wearing the kilt, even though some thought I might be the piper.

Clan Mackintosh North America / Clan Chattan Association
    Cormack, McIntosh, Gow, Finlayson, Farquar, Waters, Swanson, Ross, Oag, Gilbert, Munro, Turnbough,
    McElroy, McCoy, Mackay, Henderson, Ivester, Castles, Copeland, MacQueen, McCumber, Matheson, Burns,
    Wilson, Campbell, Bartlett, Munro - a few of the ancestral names, mainly from the North-east of Scotland

3. The Following User Says 'Aye' to California Highlander For This Useful Post: