X Marks the Scot - An on-line community of kilt wearers.

X Marks Partners - (Go to the Partners Dedicated Forums )
USA Kilts website Freedom Kilts website Scotweb websiten Burnetts and Struth website The Scottish Trading Company
Xmarks advertising information Celtic Croft website Xmarks advertising information Celtic Corner website Xmarks advertising information

User Tag List

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would fly into Glasgow, head for Loch Lomond , only about half an hour from the airport, some first class hotels there .
    Then head up to Oban , beautiful west coast town with a great variety of hotels, and the seafood is first class. Take a day trip over to the Isle of Mull, about forty minutes on the ferry, you can then decide when you arrive at Craignure whether you want to head to the holy and sacred Isle of Iona or go on the opposite direction to fascinating Tobermory, bbuses will meet you for both destinations once you disembark the ferry.

2. The Following 2 Users say 'Aye' to Jimmy For This Useful Post:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris Hills View Post
    Hello all, we are travelling there as well in the spring. I saw some discussion last year but haven't found it since. Any recommendations as to who I rent a car with please? Will be in country two weeks. Flying into edinburgh with a quick couple days in old town. visiting clan sites south of there (staying at Wedderburn) then off to visit my son in law's family near Ayr. Off to Isle of Skye back around through inverness and then south to our other clan's lands (staying at Loch Rannoch) then back to the airport.

Starting to get it all figured out but no clue on the rental car. Your help is appreciated.
    As Thistledown says Europcar are pretty good, however Sixt are generally my go to option in terms of price, availability and service (although) they have recently bumped-up their deposit costs.

If you want to use debit (rather than credit) cards for the booking and deposit then Indigo Car Hire (an online agency) offers this as well as regular bookings and has found me some fantastic deals in the past.

I am also in the process of booking with a local independent firm Clarkson Car & Van Hire as I need a 17 seater bus for forthcoming tour - but they offer a full range including camper vans.

It's usually cheaper to book ahead and also to pre-pay the rental rather than on collection and I never bother with the insurance upgrades as I rent about 10 times a year and what I have saved in the premiums will more than cover any excess I would be liable for on the basic insurance.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you've not already done so, might I suggest you browse the current version of the UK Highway Code?

https://www.gov.uk/browse/driving/hi...de-road-safety

It does change periodically, so always worth a quick review.
    Regards, Sav.

"The Sun Never Sets on X-Marks!"

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345