X Marks the Scot - An on-line community of kilt wearers.

X Marks Partners - (Go to the Partners Dedicated Forums )
USA Kilts website Celtic Croft website Celtic Corner website Houston Kiltmakers

User Tag List

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Burns Supper????

Is there any talk of locations? I know peckish pig hosts one we致e gone to the last couple years, any others in the area? I値l be calling peckish tomorrow to see about this year
    "Everything is within walking distance if you've got the time"

2. The Following User Says 'Aye' to GrainReaper For This Useful Post:

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    I love the pig. Chicago Scots are also doing a event the 30th I believe. Sounds fun. I also went to the Scottish restaurant near me. It was f ing awesome. They had a piper play happy birthday. And gave me a very nice gift. So that can b a option from now on for gathering. Could do our own. They do have haggis. But I would miss the pig if we went somewhere else. Think it over.

4. The Following User Says 'Aye' to Sample m For This Useful Post:

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Balmoral in St. Charles is a great place. I will check to see if they are having a Burns Dinner. I am sure it would be fabulous meal wise but most likely you will be paying for a top notch evening.

The Pig was a blast last year! I might even have my new kilt and jacket for the even.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I am absolutely dying to visit The Balmoral--the menu (especially the game offerings), and everything else there, looks fantastic, and a relative of one of my co-workers until recently was a manager there. And I think it would nice if the local X Markers in the western 'burbs don't have to drive all the way east for a change. But I'm flexible. You
    Last edited by DyerStraits; 4th January 19 at 09:51 PM.
    Best Regards,
    DyerStraits

"I Wish Not To Intimidate, And Know Not How To Fear"

7. The Following User Says 'Aye' to DyerStraits For This Useful Post:

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I received an email from Balmoral and they are having a Burns Night Dinner on the 25th. They will be announcing the meal on their website and Facebook sometime early next week.

9. The Following 2 Users say 'Aye' to ImperialPint For This Useful Post:

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Balmoral just posted the Burns Dinner night info. $95 a person but the menu looks amazing.

http://www.balmoralrestaurant.com/me...e-burns-night/

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ImperialPint View Post
    Balmoral just posted the Burns Dinner night info. $95 a person but the menu looks amazing.

http://www.balmoralrestaurant.com/me...e-burns-night/
    Wow! I'm In!
    Best Regards,
    DyerStraits

"I Wish Not To Intimidate, And Know Not How To Fear"

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    I知 unfortunately will not be able to make the balmoral burns night. I知 sure it will be a amazing experience. And I will be back there soon. I do plan on making it to the Peking pig. So I hope some of you will join me. As it is always a great night. It is Tuesday the 22nd. I know work night but well worth it.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sample m View Post
    I知 unfortunately will not be able to make the balmoral burns night. I知 sure it will be a amazing experience.
    So, as an alternative, a suggestion. Saturday morning, meet Patrick ( @GrainReaper ) at O'Hare, we'll have someone
    pick you guys up at Hartsfield and get you out to Conyers for our Burns supper. You'll have a good time, catch a late flight home and get some sleep. And you'll have a good story and a lot of laughs about visiting a bunch of good ole boys at a homemade Burns night. And a greater appreciation for the uptown versions in the big city. Patrick can vouch for the fact that he's survived several encounters with us, and that while it'll be a different kind of amazing, you don't miss out completely.

14. The Following User Says 'Aye' to tripleblessed For This Useful Post:

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    This is a true statement, an amazing group of good friends, lemme check my piggy bank, it痴 silly to think but I could be home for work the next day...

Quote Originally Posted by tripleblessed View Post
    So, as an alternative, a suggestion. Saturday morning, meet Patrick ( @GrainReaper ) at O'Hare, we'll have someone
    pick you guys up at Hartsfield and get you out to Conyers for our Burns supper. You'll have a good time, catch a late flight home and get some sleep. And you'll have a good story and a lot of laughs about visiting a bunch of good ole boys at a homemade Burns night. And a greater appreciation for the uptown versions in the big city. Patrick can vouch for the fact that he's survived several encounters with us, and that while it'll be a different kind of amazing, you don't miss out completely.
    "Everything is within walking distance if you've got the time"