X Marks the Scot - An on-line community of kilt wearers.

X Marks Partners - (Go to the Partners Dedicated Forums )
USA Kilts website Celtic Croft website Celtic Corner website Houston Kiltmakers

User Tag List

Thread: Johnnybravo

Threaded View

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Johnnybravo

Greetings everyone 🇺🇸
    I’m here to learn of my Celtic heritage since my daughters had me do the Ancestry.com DNA test. It came back over 90% Celtic and stated almost equally Welish, Schottische and Irish. Whatever that means? My last name is Morris and the patriarch arrived in the colonies in 1720, at the age of 11 or 12, and his name was William Henry Morris. Nothing now is known of his family in the Isles.
    We assume he came from affluence because the captain of the ship put him in school in Philadelphia. He had hidden himself on board and was discovered after the ship had sailed. After schooling he went to the frontier area of central Virginia and settled along New River, near what is now Radford. Like so many others he and his descendants fought in/for the Contentinal Army and they were paid with land in the wilderness. I’m curious and have enjoyed what I have read about how the members are keeping the history and tradition alive. I hope to learn and be helpful when and where I can.
    I know nothing of my family, history or traditions prior to arrival in the colonies or WHM’s early life here, other that being told we are Schottische/Irish mix, with a little Welish.
    I hope I have not damaged your eyes and brain with my writing.

2. The Following User Says 'Aye' to Johnnybravo For This Useful Post: