X Marks the Scot - An on-line community of kilt wearers.

X Marks Partners - (Go to the Partners Dedicated Forums )
USA Kilts website Freedom Kilts website Scotweb websiten Burnetts and Struth website The Scottish Trading Company
Xmarks advertising information Celtic Croft website Xmarks advertising information Celtic Corner website Xmarks advertising information

User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Peter:

It’s been a few years since I’ve made my way north to take in the NHHG, but your presence and lecture series this year makes me think it’s time to revisit “auld acquaintances.”

As for presentation topics, I think any of those proposed would be fascinating. My sense is that the knowledge-base of your audience will be quite varied, with some better educated than others. Perhaps pairing a couple of general/foundational topics — such as tartan myths or the development of clan tartans or Jacobite connections — with topics of a more specific appeal (e.g., the maritime province connection, as suggested by Collin, or women’s dress, as you suggest) would be a useful approach?

With 2-3 lectures over the course of 3 days, you have quite a bit of room to let yourself roam.

Also, perhaps the popularity of “Outlander” on this side of the Atlantic could offer a useful framework for some of these discussions….
    Last edited by Tim Little; 23rd January 19 at 04:01 PM.

2. The Following User Says 'Aye' to Tim Little For This Useful Post:

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tim Little View Post
    Peter:

With 2-3 lectures over the course of 3 days, you have quite a bit of room to let yourself roam.

Also, perhaps the popularity of “Outlander” on this side of the Atlantic could offer a useful framework for some of these discussions….
    Bring Sam with you and my wife will approve this trip in a heartbeat. Totally agree about the Outlander link, as in the States this still is a VERY POPULAR Series..... GOOD POINT.... Cheers
    Allan Collin MacDonald III
    Grandfather - Clan Donald, MacDonald (Clanranald) /MacBride, Antigonish, NS, 1791
    Grandmother - Clan Chisholm of Strathglass, West River, Antigonish, 1803
    Scottish Roots: Knoidart, Inverness, Scotland, then to Antigonish, Nova Scotia, Canada.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tim Little View Post
    Peter:

It’s been a few years since I’ve made my way north to take in the NHHG, but your presence and lecture series this year makes me think it’s time to revisit “auld acquaintances.”

Tim, it would be very good to catch up after so many years.

As for Outlander, what an interesting idea. Outlander, and the real tartans of the mid-18th century. Or some such topic.

5. The Following 3 Users say 'Aye' to figheadair For This Useful Post:

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12