X Marks the Scot - An on-line community of kilt wearers.

X Marks Partners - (Go to the Partners Dedicated Forums )
USA Kilts website Celtic Croft website Celtic Corner website Houston Kiltmakers

User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Nomad is offline Oops, it seems this member needs to update their email address
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can't comment personally on them but blaidd has done very well from them. I haven't purchased from them as I am a short **** and their used kilts are too long for me, that's the only reason.

I didn't purchase a jacket from them as the colour choice in jackets was very limited, in the end I went to stkildastore.com, they're jacket and waistcoat packages are around £60 more but more colour choices. In the end I purchased a tailor made forest green set, they were fantastically helpful, sent me tweed samples for free, and produced a great set for £280 which I thought was reasonable for fully tailor made.

2. The Following 2 Users say 'Aye' to Nomad For This Useful Post:

Benning Boy is offline Membership Revoked for repeated rule violations.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have two kilts from them; good quality at a good price. The only issue I have is with the heavy leather patch with their logo on it, which is sewn to the back center of the waist. When driving that patch causes me a lot of pain. No other of my kilts do that. Sometime I'll get around to removing the leather. My kilts arrived within four days after ordering.

I just checked their web site again at this link, and on the upper left under the Alba 5 yard kilt caption you'll see Dalrymple tartan. They don't list it on their list of available tartans. I have in captivity the world's entire entire supply of it I think. If Dalrymple interests you PM me.

https://www.kilts4less.com/store/kilts/

4. The Following User Says 'Aye' to Benning Boy For This Useful Post:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As an FYI, they do offer the Dalrymple tartan in both 5 and 8 years through eBay, and cheaper than on their website:
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/Dalrymple-5...pFzw:rk:1:pf:0

I had always assumed this was a fashion tartan of theirs, but to be perfectly honest, never really thought about it too deeply or looked it up.

I am very intrigued now though - why do you have what you assumed was the world's entire supply?

Rob

Quote Originally Posted by Benning Boy View Post
    I have two kilts from them; good quality at a good price. The only issue I have is with the heavy leather patch with their logo on it, which is sewn to the back center of the waist. When driving that patch causes me a lot of pain. No other of my kilts do that. Sometime I'll get around to removing the leather. My kilts arrived within four days after ordering.

I just checked their web site again at this link, and on the upper left under the Alba 5 yard kilt caption you'll see Dalrymple tartan. They don't list it on their list of available tartans. I have in captivity the world's entire entire supply of it I think. If Dalrymple interests you PM me.

https://www.kilts4less.com/store/kilts/

6. The Following User Says 'Aye' to WalesLax For This Useful Post:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    I can't comment personally on them but blaidd has done very well from them. I haven't purchased from them as I am a short **** and their used kilts are too long for me, that's the only reason.

I didn't purchase a jacket from them as the colour choice in jackets was very limited, in the end I went to stkildastore.com, they're jacket and waistcoat packages are around £60 more but more colour choices. In the end I purchased a tailor made forest green set, they were fantastically helpful, sent me tweed samples for free, and produced a great set for £280 which I thought was reasonable for fully tailor made.
    Agree with Nomad here too, St Kilda are a great firm and extremely helpful. I did suggest Nomad tried a tartan mini skirt from the ladies section, but that too was on the long side......
    Dduw Bendithia pob Celtiaid

8. The Following User Says 'Aye' to Blaidd For This Useful Post:

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Blaidd View Post
    Kilts4less are doing both (a set) for £99 currently (less 20% tax if you are overseas - email them first) but I believe the sale ends Sunday.
    I bought the ex-hire set and it arrived today. I'm quite happy with it.
    Trying to look good on a budget.

10. The Following 6 Users say 'Aye' to Karl R For This Useful Post:

Benning Boy is offline Membership Revoked for repeated rule violations.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WalesLax View Post
    As an FYI, they do offer the Dalrymple tartan in both 5 and 8 years through eBay, and cheaper than on their website:
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/Dalrymple-5...pFzw:rk:1:pf:0

I had always assumed this was a fashion tartan of theirs, but to be perfectly honest, never really thought about it too deeply or looked it up.

I am very intrigued now though - why do you have what you assumed was the world's entire supply?

Rob
    Rob, I'm Dalrymple on my mother's side. The family is Lowland, not Highland and probably never wore a kilt, even after the revival. The Dalrymple of Castleton tartan is based on a shawl one of the famiy was wearing in a portrait. It is not a very common tartan, in fact I'd say extremely rare. I had 13 or so meters woven for myself by MM and was told they had never produced it before. Perhaps Kilts4Less had some woven for a special order. I'm thinking I might be the only guy in the world to have some rolled on a shelf in the kilt closet.

12. The Following User Says 'Aye' to Benning Boy For This Useful Post:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    About 18 months ago I purchased a blue Argyle jacket and waistcoat from Kilts4less to wear to a wedding. Delivery was fast (to Australia) however I returned the set to exchange for a smaller size. I explained the situation via email, including the time constraints. I couldn't fault their customer service as they were very helpful and prompt in replying. The set arrived in plenty of time. I'm happy with the quality, but having never worn civilian suits or highland wear jackets before I'm not the best to comment on that. Recently had the sleeves lengthened (I can rarely find jackets with sleeves long enough). Apparently there wasn't much fabric under the cuffs but it worked out well. I also replaced the chrome buttons with plain blue to match the fabric.
    So as far as I'm concerned a good product for what I paid and, good customer service and I would purchase from them again.

14. The Following User Says 'Aye' to Queenslander For This Useful Post:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have two kilts from them through their ebay store, and they have both served as my go-to kilts since 2016. The first was an Earl of St. Andrews kilt, followed shortly by another in Antrim tartan. They were in great condition when I got them, and have held up just fine. The internal interfacing isn't great, but I plan to add reinforcement at some point, and as the price was less than the cost of the wool to make a kilt I can't complain. For now I usually just wear a belt with these kilts to take the tension off. Purchasing through them worked out great for a starter kilt, and I would certainly recommend it as an option for someone who was interested in starting to wear a kilt.

16. The Following 6 Users say 'Aye' to jhughes For This Useful Post:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Queenslander View Post
    About 18 months ago I purchased a blue Argyle jacket and waistcoat from Kilts4less to wear to a wedding. Delivery was fast (to Australia) however I returned the set to exchange for a smaller size. I explained the situation via email, including the time constraints. I couldn't fault their customer service as they were very helpful and prompt in replying. The set arrived in plenty of time. I'm happy with the quality, but having never worn civilian suits or highland wear jackets before I'm not the best to comment on that. Recently had the sleeves lengthened (I can rarely find jackets with sleeves long enough). Apparently there wasn't much fabric under the cuffs but it worked out well. I also replaced the chrome buttons with plain blue to match the fabric.
    So as far as I'm concerned a good product for what I paid and, good customer service and I would purchase from them again.
    I just received a grey Argyle from them and have the same issue. I ordered the same size that I always were in suit jackets, 50R, and planned to have the waist section tailored as they are always way too big for me. On this jacket and waistcoat I would have easily went down one if not two sizes before it would have fit properly through the chest. For me this isn't too big of an issue as the cost of shipping for an exchange is about $20 less than the cost to have it tailored which I already expected to spend anyway.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12