X Marks the Scot - An on-line community of kilt wearers.

X Marks Partners - (Go to the Partners Dedicated Forums )
USA Kilts website Celtic Croft website Celtic Corner website Houston Kiltmakers

User Tag List

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Never Would Have Dreamed I'd Get a Compliment Like This...

So years of kilt wars at work with the boss with him finally making it clear "no kilts." A long fight, well fought...but paychecks are nice.

So I've been wearing bifurcated garments to work....

Yesterday, out of the blue, the receptionist looks at me and says, "Nice pants." First time EVER in my life I recall hearing that....hundreds of "Nice Kilt" comments over the years....never a bifurcated comment though...full circle...

Just some cargo pants I wear so my wallet is on my leg and not under my glutes when I sit....like with a sporran.

Did wear a kilt to the company Christmas dinner in December with no problems and lots of "Nice Kilt" comments....but this....blindsided me...
    Ol' Macdonald himself, a proud son of Skye and Cape Breton Island
    Lifetime Member STA. Two time winner of Utilikiltarian of the Month.
    "I'll have a kilt please, a nice hand sewn tartan, 16 ounce Strome. Oh, and a sporran on the side, with a strap please."

2. The Following 11 Users say 'Aye' to Riverkilt For This Useful Post:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Riverkilt View Post
    So years of kilt wars at work with the boss with him finally making it clear "no kilts." A long fight, well fought...but paychecks are nice.

So I've been wearing bifurcated garments to work....

Yesterday, out of the blue, the receptionist looks at me and says, "Nice pants." First time EVER in my life I recall hearing that....hundreds of "Nice Kilt" comments over the years....never a bifurcated comment though...full circle...

Just some cargo pants I wear so my wallet is on my leg and not under my glutes when I sit....like with a sporran.

Did wear a kilt to the company Christmas dinner in December with no problems and lots of "Nice Kilt" comments....but this....blindsided me...
    I findit unbelievable an employer could object to a kilt but accept cargo trousers!!!... Is it a safety thing?...

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Um no, a power and control thing.... I actually did "win" by filing a grievance and it came back, "You can wear any "F-ing" thing you want." A loud technically yes but really no thing.

As far as cargo pants - they are nice ones - Vertx originals....but I do live in a very remote town in the canyonlands of Northern Arizona where most folks dress VERY casually. If someone is seen in a suit and tie around town chances are they're on their way to church on Sunday morning...or a pair of young LDS missionaries.
    Ol' Macdonald himself, a proud son of Skye and Cape Breton Island
    Lifetime Member STA. Two time winner of Utilikiltarian of the Month.
    "I'll have a kilt please, a nice hand sewn tartan, 16 ounce Strome. Oh, and a sporran on the side, with a strap please."