X Marks the Scot - An on-line community of kilt wearers.

X Marks Partners - (Go to the Partners Dedicated Forums )
USA Kilts website Celtic Croft website Celtic Corner website Houston Kiltmakers

User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If I may interject something here...our household is full of Modern, Muted and Weathered Gunn tartan, mostly modern. In the case of the Modern we have ties, an adult male kilt, some childrens' kilts made by my wife for our son, a couple of sashes and a lot of scrap. We even have a table cloth. The Weathered and Muted Gunn came from one mill and are in one weight and each are in a single garment, and there is nothing to compare them to except when we attend Scottish-American functions. At any rate, in the Modern it appears that no two garments are the same, i.e. the hues are different in all the tartan. When the Weathered goes out socializing, then I usually notice differences between it and other Weathered Gunn. Since there is only one mill weaving one weight of the Muted, the very few Muted Gunn kilts I see are identical or nearly so to mine. Different dye lots will produce slight differences in hue, as previously stated.

The best thing for you to do is just enjoy your kilt and accessories and not worry about. Most everyone is going to have the same situation you do.

2. The Following 2 Users say 'Aye' to MacRob46 For This Useful Post:

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123