X Marks the Scot - An on-line community of kilt wearers.

X Marks Partners - (Go to the Partners Dedicated Forums )
USA Kilts website Celtic Croft website Celtic Corner website Houston Kiltmakers

User Tag List

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Kilt Kamp 2019 - official registration thread plus more details

-----
    Now accepting registrations for Kilt Kamp 2019
    -----

What: Kilt Kamp is the place for you to learn how to make a kilt for the first time, extend your kiltmaking to a new kind of kilt, or just have a great time making your umpteenth kilt in the company of kiltmaking friends. Although we had originally intended to offer two different "tracks" (traditional and contemporary), we have had to cancel the contemporary track. So, if you would like to learn how to make a traditional, hand-sewn kilt (knife pleated, box pleated, Kingussie, or reverse Kingussie), Kilt Kamp is the place to do it and have fun at the same time.

When: Starts 8 am sharp on Sunday, July 21, ends 5 pm Friday, July 26. The Great American Irish Festival is on Saturday the 27th, and people are welcome to stay an extra day to go to the Festival. Great musical entertainment plus a pipe band competition.

Where: Hamilton College, Clinton, NY; low-cost housing (~$50/night/room - you can share a room if you want) is available in the dorms (although the dorm is not air conditioned); motel and B&B options are available nearby.

Instructor: Barb Tewksbury (author of The Art of Kiltmaking).

Cost: US$375 plus lodging. You provide tartan (or we can order tartan for you at wholesale prices) and other kilting materials.

Registration: Send an email to Barb Tewksbury at btewksbu@hamilton.edu, and she will email you the registration form. To secure a place, return the registration form along with a deposit of US$200. Once you are registered, you will receive additional info on logistics and supplies. The balance of the registration fee, plus lodging if you are staying in the dorm, will be due no later than July 1.

As Steve did last year, I will keep a running list of folks who have registered. I will update the list below as registration deposits come in.

Currently registered:
    h.hastings
    twrecks
    Stephan
    MikeInDayton
    D.Gibson
    J.Lilley
    A.Garcia
    M. Pollock
    C. Husband-Cohen
    Last edited by Barb T; 16th May 19 at 04:37 PM.
    Kiltmaker, piper, and geologist (one of the few, the proud, with brains for rocks....
    Member, Scottish Tartans Authority
    Geology stuff (mostly) at http://people.hamilton.edu/btewksbu
    The Art of Kiltmaking at http://theartofkiltmaking.com

2. The Following 5 Users say 'Aye' to Barb T For This Useful Post:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Kilt Kamp 2019

Not sure I can make this years Kamp.
    I am scheduled to work on the 20th of July and it takes me about a day to get there.
    Carol-Ann

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Deposit is in! This year's project will be either a knife pleat in Volcano or an Isle of Skye remake (my current one is now too big).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Kilt Kamp in New York should have started! We expect photos! Hopefully you are not roasting in the heat there.

6. The Following 2 Users say 'Aye' to KiltedKnome For This Useful Post: