X Marks the Scot - An on-line community of kilt wearers.

X Marks Partners - (Go to the Partners Dedicated Forums )
USA Kilts website Celtic Croft website Celtic Corner website Houston Kiltmakers

User Tag List

Threaded View

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ordering direct from Thistle Shoes Scotland

I have big feet, size 14M US or better yet 14W US. With certain shoes 15 US fits better than 14 US.

I've been wanting a pair of brown Ghillie Brogues since the first time I saw somebody wearing them (around 1977) and I finally decided to buy some.

I've looked all over and there just aren't any 14 UK brown ghillies available (they're made, just not available).

The closest would be 13W UK, and nobody stocks them. I did find 13W UK listed on the Thistle Shoes Scotland site.

https://thistleshoes.com/ghillies/

and they have a checkout, selling direct to the public, so I just now ordered some.

Shipping to the US is reasonable, and happens to be the same as the VAT so in effect I'm getting free shipping.

Now the waiting begins! And the hoping that 13W UK will fit my big hillbilly feet.

It's interesting that the leather-colour that Thistle Shoes has chosen is more of a tan, not a brown or russet, and similar to the colour seen in the mid-19th century

Last edited by OC Richard; 4th March 19 at 04:48 AM.
    Proud Mountaineer from the Highlands of West Virginia; son of the Revolution and Civil War; first Europeans on the Guyandotte

2. The Following User Says 'Aye' to OC Richard For This Useful Post: