X Marks the Scot - An on-line community of kilt wearers.

X Marks Partners - (Go to the Partners Dedicated Forums )
USA Kilts website Celtic Croft website Celtic Corner website Houston Kiltmakers

User Tag List

Thread: Spammer alert

Victoria, BC Canada 48° 25' 47.31"N 123° 20' 4.59" W
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Spammer alert

To anyone who may have received a Personal Message or contact of any type from a person using the name aglowmusichouse or aglowmusichouse2019 -

I am very sorry. This is one of the Pakistani companies that attempted to register to our forum.
    I responded to their registration attempt trying to explain that this forum is just a bit different from elsewhere on the web.

We all participate here as individuals. Even our advertisers are people first. We do not use company names and we have rules and policies against using the resources of this forum as free advertising.

One of the Forum Moderators reported yesterday, and now today, a member has reported that they have received a Personal Message from this company in the form of spam. The electronic version of junk mail.

This person was able to do this as they were still in my approval queue and I was waiting for them to respond to me. They are allowed one PM per day to be able to respond to any messages I try to send to them.

But once they used their one PM to contact members at random, and started to fill this forum with their spam, I revoked the membership and put them in our Spammer list. They should no long have any access to our forum and should not be able to contact any member by any means.

If anyone gets a PM or an email from this person please contact me immediately.

Again, I am very sorry that this was able to get through. I really do try to keep X Marks free from the spam that is so rampant on the web today.
    Steve Ashton
    Forum Owner

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I speak for all our members when I say, the job you do Steve, to provide the best web site of all time is appreciated and we may never be able to thank you enough for your diligence.

Thank you, Bobby

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great job weeding them out. As head Admin on a number of other international vBulletin boards, I know that can be a struggle to keep up with.

Speaking for all fellow pipers on the forum, this spammer need not have gone to the trouble. No piper worth his salt would touch a musical product hailing from Siakot Pakistan with a ten foot pole (or any other length).
    My Clans: Guthrie, Sinclair, Sutherland, MacRae, McCain-Maclachlan, MacGregor-Petrie, Johnstone, Hamilton, Boyd, MacDonald-Alexander, Patterson, Thompson. Welsh:Edwards, Williams, Jones. Paternal line: Brandenburg/Prussia.
    Proud member: SCV/Mech Cav, MOSB. Camp Commander Ft. Heiman #1834 SCV Camp.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oorah Steve. Job well done.
    ---------------------------------------
    One has no need for a snooze button, when one has a hungry cat.

Tartan Riders, Kilted Oregon