X Marks the Scot - An on-line community of kilt wearers.

X Marks Partners - (Go to the Partners Dedicated Forums )
USA Kilts website Celtic Croft website Celtic Corner website Houston Kiltmakers

User Tag List

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Just wondering?

Inverness-shire, Scotland & British Columbia, Canada
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just a boost, David, to keep the thread 'live'. Jock, Wiz, Barb -- are you in for this?

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Moy dates are a no go for me Rex, but I am sure we can sort something out between now and then.
    " Rules are for the guidance of wise men and the adherence of idle minds and minor tyrants". Field Marshal Lord Slim.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello The Rabble all,

It would be an honour to host the Quaich again. Receiving the Quaich last time has lead to a large collection of Quaich. My first one was Christened by pouring a drop from the xmarks Quaich into mine right on the Meridian Line in London. Each subsequent Quaich has been Christened by a dram being poured from my first Quaich.

If I were lucky enough to host it again, some of the occasions I would be honoured to take the Quaich to would be

The World Pipeband championships Glasgow sharing it with some VIPs and the winning band 17th August 2019

Crieff Highland Games 18th August

The City of Liverpool Tattoo 13-14 September. I am thrilled to be helping out there again this year. A huge Tattoo with some great Wuaich sharing opportunities.

I understand that I probably wouldn’t be able to keep it for the full duration but would be thrilled to share it at some of the great events mentioned above should you all see fit?

4. The Following User Says 'Aye' to gazbot For This Useful Post:

Victoria, BC Canada 48° 25' 47.31"N 123° 20' 4.59" W
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I will bring the quaich to the Victoria Highland Games on Saturday, the 18th of May.

Anyone who would care to join us in signing the logbook and sending the quaich on another trip around the globe are welcome to stop by the Freedom Kilts tent.

Is there anyone with an event near the beginning of June that would like the quaich next?
    Steve Ashton
    Forum Owner

6. The Following User Says 'Aye' to Steve Ashton For This Useful Post:

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve Ashton View Post
    I will bring the quaich to the Victoria Highland Games on Saturday, the 18th of May.

Anyone who would care to join us in signing the logbook and sending the quaich on another trip around the globe are welcome to stop by the Freedom Kilts tent.

Is there anyone with an event near the beginning of June that would like the quaich next?
    Milwaukee Highland Games is June 1, 2019. http://milwaukeehighlandgames.org/

I would be honored to receive it but I'm doubtful at my ability to then attend another event to pass it on.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Passing it on is always wonderful, but I managed successfully to use Canada Post after it had a visit here.
    Rev'd Father Bill White: Retired Parish Priest & Elementary Headmaster. Lover of God, dogs, most people, joy, tradition, humour & clarity. Legion Padre, theologian, teacher, philosopher, linguist, encourager of hearts & souls & a firm believer in dignity, decency, & duty. A proud Canadian Sinclair.

9. The Following User Says 'Aye' to Father Bill For This Useful Post:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Happy and willing to pay postage to get it over this side of the world for August September if you can get the other dates sorted. I will keep my eye on here for updates.
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve Ashton View Post

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Father Bill View Post
    Passing it on is always wonderful, but I managed successfully to use Canada Post after it had a visit here.
    Then I would be honored to receive it formally at the Milwaukee Highland Games. I'll let WARPIPER and some of my kilted Lodge brothers know in case we would like to receive it on behalf of Lake Lodge #189 or the Tripoli Highlanders.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by imbrius View Post
    Then I would be honored to receive it formally at the Milwaukee Highland Games. I'll let WARPIPER and some of my kilted Lodge brothers know in case we would like to receive it on behalf of Lake Lodge #189 or the Tripoli Highlanders.
    Update: I can totally do this, with WARPIPER's blessing. So I'm officially in for receiving the X Marks Quaich at the Milwaukee Highland Games on June 1. I'll talk to Bill and find a tent and timeslot and line up a photographer, then publicise the hell out of it in the local fraternal circles.

13. The Following User Says 'Aye' to imbrius For This Useful Post:

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bump: I'll need the next destination and confirmation that I am actually going to do this. I'm all set on my end to receive it at the Milwaukee Highland Games on June 1.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast