X Marks the Scot - An on-line community of kilt wearers.

X Marks Partners - (Go to the Partners Dedicated Forums )
USA Kilts website Freedom Kilts website Scotweb websiten Burnetts and Struth website The Scottish Trading Company
Xmarks advertising information Celtic Croft website Xmarks advertising information Celtic Corner website Xmarks advertising information

User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by piperdbh View Post
    I think you should wear a knitted tie.
    I debated wearing a tie but none of them ended up looking quite right. I agree that a knitted tie would have been great but I don't own one yet.
    Clans: Armstrong and Guthrie on Father's side.
    Other heritage: Mostly German and some Polish on Mother's side.
    Kilts: One five-yard semi-traditional in Armstrong Ancient 13oz from Lochcarron

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Baeau View Post
    Richard, I wonder if Disneyland should have gone that route on the last Tomorrowland revamp?
    Strange that you should say that, because Disneyland, back in the early 1970s, was planning an entire new Land, called Discovery Bay, which today we would consider Steampunk.

Like Steampunk, Discovery Bay was largely inspired by the writings of Jules Verne.

Last edited by OC Richard; 2nd July 19 at 05:17 AM.
    Proud Mountaineer from the Highlands of West Virginia; son of the Revolution and Civil War; first Europeans on the Guyandotte

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by OC Richard View Post
    Strange that you should say that, because Disneyland, back in the early 1970s, was planning an entire new Land, called Discovery Bay, which today we would consider Steampunk.

Like Steampunk, Discovery Bay was largely inspired by the writings of Jules Verne.

Richard.........off topic, but a good time to ask you. Was the planned location for Discovery Bay, where the current Stars Wars area is? Also, is the top image of the framed print you told me about at Pleasanton, last year? The one you purchased at the Company Store.
    "I can draw a mouse with a pencil, but I can't draw a pencil with a mouse"

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes in the Disney Gallery (above Pirates of the Caribbean) they had a fantastic show The Disneyland That Never Was.

In it was the original painting by Tony Baxter of Discovery Bay, which as you see was painted in 1974.

They had nice big prints for sale, limited edition, signed and dated by Tony. With my employee discount the print was only around $100.

Had Discovery Bay been built there would have been a natural gathering-place for our nascent Steampunk gatherings (which, like our Dapper Days, are unofficial grassroots events).

About the location of Discovery Bay, it was slated to be built in the area where they eventually built Thunder Mountain Railroad. (Disney decided they needed another roller coaster.)
    Last edited by OC Richard; 2nd July 19 at 07:12 PM.
    Proud Mountaineer from the Highlands of West Virginia; son of the Revolution and Civil War; first Europeans on the Guyandotte

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by OC Richard View Post
    Yes in the Disney Gallery (above Pirates of the Caribbean) they had a fantastic show The Disneyland That Never Was.

In it was the original painting by Tony Baxter of Discovery Bay, which as you see was painted in 1974.

They had nice big prints for sale, limited edition, signed and dated by Tony. With my employee discount the print was only around $100.

Had Discovery Bay been built there would have been a natural gathering-place for our nascent Steampunk gatherings (which, like our Dapper Days, are unofficial grassroots events).

About the location of Discovery Bay, it was slated to be built in the area where they eventually built Thunder Mountain Railroad. (Disney decided they needed another roller coaster.)
    Richard,

TA!
    "I can draw a mouse with a pencil, but I can't draw a pencil with a mouse"

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123