X Marks the Scot - An on-line community of kilt wearers.

X Marks Partners - (Go to the Partners Dedicated Forums )
USA Kilts website Celtic Croft website Celtic Corner website Houston Kiltmakers

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Roger is back in a kilt!!!

It has been awhile since I posted here. Been through a lot of health issues myself and my wife as well... I'm doing a ton better myself.

So how I got to this point, I was facing a lot of serious issues with my health, and my weight was the biggest factor. Injuries, joint problems and high blood pressure, sleep apnea, heart issues... Nothing was working, every attempt at serious exercise led me to more injuries.

Last year I started the process towards Gastric Sleeve surgery.

Above are the results. August 2018. I was needing a size 54 utility kilt. Knowing I was having surgery soon, I still bought it and wore it frequently. Yes, even to work!!!

October, I had the sleeve surgery. I have lost 100 pounds between the two pics. Second pic was this past week after my 6 month checkup... While I'm in size 48 now, I still have a 46 that fits, but is too tight to wear in public...

Blood pressure is down, my heart rate is in normal ranges, I enjoy getting back to yard work and in my garage. I'm back on my bicycles... I FEEL good...

Looking forward to new kilts, as I shrink...
    NEVER a Spectator!
    When it comes to Hero's, RENEGADES are MINE!

2. The Following 11 Users say 'Aye' to zjrog For This Useful Post:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Champion effort

Congratulations - that is a champion effort and you now get to enjoy the well deserved benefits. The utility kilt looks might practical.
    He aha te mea nui o te ao?
    What is the most important thing in the world?
    He tangata, he tangata, he tangata
    It is the people, it is the people, it is the people

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you, sir! I have had a Sportkilt Comfy Kilt for many years. I find it handy for changing from regular clothing to cycling attire, or swim attire if in public. And vice versa. It was a staple for my extended stay in physical rehab after breaking my back 7 years ago.

Of note the other day, I was approached by a nurse, that was eager to share her glee at seeing someone in a kilt 2 days in a row... I particularly enjoyed the moment 2 older women completely stopped talking as I passed... I do believe they felt I was dressed quite inappropriate for my age.
    NEVER a Spectator!

5. The Following 2 Users say 'Aye' to zjrog For This Useful Post:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow. Two different people. Well done.
    South African military veteran. Great grandson of Captain William Henry Stevenson of the Highland Light Infantry, Scotland (1880's) and brother to Infantryman Peter Mark Schumann of the 2nd Transvaal Scottish, South Africa (1980's).

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It sounds like you're a factory that got an overhaul and each machine within received attention. Stay well oiled and may your production have renewed vigor.

Glad to have you back.

8. The Following User Says 'Aye' to Tarheel For This Useful Post:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarheel View Post
    It sounds like you're a factory that got an overhaul and each machine within received attention. Stay well oiled and may your production have renewed vigor.

Glad to have you back.
    I feel like I've had quite a tune up and refit. Not quite a full drydock overhaul, but more a pier-side restricted availability!
    NEVER a Spectator!

10. The Following 2 Users say 'Aye' to zjrog For This Useful Post:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

well done

hope everything continues to improve. I have a kilt I use as a body guide (as well as my hiker) and one that's a goal.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Congratulations, you're looking great!

Roger, you're looking great! Keep up the good work. Can't wait to see the pics in the next six months.
    Steve
    Steve Masters
    My clans: sept of Buchanan, Keith/Dixon. My districts: Roxburghshire and Peebleshire. My wife's clans: Hamilton, Moore, Gardiner. Lederhosen-ed ancestry on my Mother's side.