X Marks the Scot - An on-line community of kilt wearers.

X Marks Partners - (Go to the Partners Dedicated Forums )
USA Kilts website Celtic Croft website Celtic Corner website Houston Kiltmakers

User Tag List

Mel1721L is offline Registration terminated at the member's request
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was never going to wear a contemporary kilt.

There was a time when I wasn't going to wear any form of utility kilt. This will probably be one of the last photos with all 4 dogs, as Garm on the extreme right is getting old and is weakening.

2. The Following 11 Users say 'Aye' to Mel1721L For This Useful Post:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I do love them for hiking. Condolences for your dog. It's life but a sad part

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by grizzbass View Post
    I do love them for hiking. Condolences for your dog. It's life but a sad part
    Thank you. I hope he'll be around for a bit longer, but he sometimes needs help to get up now.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Your pet looks to be a generous shed fellow, as was my beloved cat that passed last year. You will find his fuzzy gifts long after he is unable to get up and move around. Kilts clean up faster than most cloths (sofas, beds, carpets, etc) but the old gent will provide you furry memories long after his physical presence graces your home and familiar paths. His loving intentions will remain.

6. The Following 2 Users say 'Aye' to Tarheel For This Useful Post:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarheel View Post
    Your pet looks to be a generous shed fellow, as was my beloved cat that passed last year. You will find his fuzzy gifts long after he is unable to get up and move around. Kilts clean up faster than most cloths (sofas, beds, carpets, etc) but the old gent will provide you furry memories long after his physical presence graces your home and familiar paths. His loving intentions will remain.
    Thank you for your comments. He has good and bad days, but you are right. The memories will remain always.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mel1721L View Post
    Thank you for your comments. He has good and bad days, but you are right. The memories will remain always.
    At 72, I am still learning lessons about love and life from dogs and cats that I lost 40, 60, or even 70 years ago.
    Like our taller friends, each brings their own personality and set of lessons to us. Up to us appreciate and profit
    from the experience.

Looking at the photo, two are focused elsewhere, one has head down as "I'm ready to be home". Garm, on the
    other hand, is looking at you. Perhaps, in awareness of mortality, someone is storing their own memories to
    savor in the next phase of our journey.

9. The Following User Says 'Aye' to tripleblessed For This Useful Post:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tripleblessed View Post
    At 72, I am still learning lessons about love and life from dogs and cats that I lost 40, 60, or even 70 years ago.
    Like our taller friends, each brings their own personality and set of lessons to us. Up to us appreciate and profit
    from the experience.

Looking at the photo, two are focused elsewhere, one has head down as "I'm ready to be home". Garm, on the
    other hand, is looking at you. Perhaps, in awareness of mortality, someone is storing their own memories to
    savor in the next phase of our journey.
    It is my opinion that dogs are more evolved in spirit than the human species, as a dog will love unconditionally and always be loyal. Something in my experience that many humans are incapable of. I intend to have my ashes mixed with those of my dogs, that our mortal remains will at least be together. Garm was my first dog. They were all strays I've taken in off the street and given them the best lives I could manage. You are always aware of how short their lives are though.

11. The Following 2 Users say 'Aye' to Mel1721L For This Useful Post: