X Marks the Scot - An on-line community of kilt wearers.

X Marks Partners - (Go to the Partners Dedicated Forums )
USA Kilts website Celtic Croft website Celtic Corner website Houston Kiltmakers

User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Father Bill View Post
    I keep thinking about this one in horror. Did this individual plan to disassemble the top of the kilt as well?

In future, I wouldn't take a handkerchief to this cleaners, let alone return with my kilt.
    I have no idea. She kept calling it a skirt. I originally went there because they've been in business since 1912 and specialize in maintaining high-end furs and antique leather goods. The gent I spoke with on the phone was very knowledgeable about kilts and pressing them. Unfortunately, the lady manning the desk the day I dropped it off was less so.

2. The Following User Says 'Aye' to imbrius For This Useful Post:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by imbrius View Post
    I have no idea. She kept calling it a skirt. I originally went there because they've been in business since 1912 and specialize in maintaining high-end furs and antique leather goods. The gent I spoke with on the phone was very knowledgeable about kilts and pressing them. Unfortunately, the lady manning the desk the day I dropped it off was less so.
    Well, technically it IS a skirt but you'd think that if she heard you refer to it with the noun, kilt, then she would've altered her word choice. Too bad you didn't meet that gent who knew what he was talking about!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It appears that they have at least one ill-informed, ill-trained, ill-educated rogue employee. Again I say, a good place to avoid.
    Rev'd Father Bill White: Retired Parish Priest & Elementary Headmaster. Lover of God, dogs, most people, joy, tradition, humour & clarity. Legion Padre, theologian, teacher, philosopher, linguist, encourager of hearts & souls & a firm believer in dignity, decency, & duty. A proud Canadian Sinclair.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Curious why you didn't ask to speak to the gentleman instead of the clueless employee?..

6. The Following User Says 'Aye' to Allan Thomson For This Useful Post:

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wearing it today. It's amazing! The pleats fall perfectly back into place when I stand up! I've never had that before!

8. The Following User Says 'Aye' to imbrius For This Useful Post:

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123