X Marks the Scot - An on-line community of kilt wearers.

X Marks Partners - (Go to the Partners Dedicated Forums )
USA Kilts website Celtic Croft website Celtic Corner website Houston Kiltmakers

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sizing issue with Economy Hose: Should I upgrade to Colored?

My first kilt back in late 2014, I threw in a set of Cream and Black hose. This was before they were labeled 'Economy' I believe, they were F201 and F204. I have loved the kilt for years, but over the last couple years the hose have actually gotten a bit dangerous to wear circulation wise. They look fantastic and have held up beautifully, they're just too tight. I'm a size 8 shoe with 14.5 inch calves. With a second kilt in my cart right now, I'm tempted to throw in a set of colored hose to retire my old ones...But are these going to be identical in size or material to the ones I can't wear? Anyone have input comparing these?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The cotton hose should fit

Quote Originally Posted by Highwayman View Post
    I'm a size 8 shoe with 14.5 inch calves. With a second kilt in my cart right now, I'm tempted to throw in a set of colored hose to retire my old ones...But are these going to be identical in size or material to the ones I can't wear? Anyone have input comparing these?
    I've never purchased the economy hose, so I can't do a direct comparison. I wear the cotton kilt hose. I wear a size 10 or 10.5 shoe, with about 16.5 inch calves. They're snug, but not to the extent I'm remotely concerned about my circulation.

Cotton hose are longer, so you'll end up turning them down twice.
    Trying to look good on a budget.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have no experience of the hose you describe, so I am no help there I am afraid. What I can do though, is suggest getting coloured hose as replacements to the hose that you are retiring. I think you could well be surprised how effective coloured hose can be when worn with the kilt.
    " Rules are for the guidance of wise men and the adherence of idle minds and minor tyrants". Field Marshal Lord Slim.

4. The Following 3 Users say 'Aye' to Jock Scot For This Useful Post: