X Marks the Scot - An on-line community of kilt wearers.

X Marks Partners - (Go to the Partners Dedicated Forums )
USA Kilts website Celtic Croft website Celtic Corner website Houston Kiltmakers

User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jhockin View Post
    Are the candles full, hinged candles ( like the MOD cantles), or just decoration, on the outer face of the sporran?
    Not hinged like the MOD Culloden cantles, just a face plate with side rim like most 19th and 20th century sporran cantles.
    Proud Mountaineer from the Highlands of West Virginia; son of the Revolution and Civil War; first Europeans on the Guyandotte

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Unique African Sporrans

I saw that display at the OC Scottish Fest, too. Some of them were very interesting...
    However - I have a large bin of various dead animal furs and some vintage seal skins that I have used for covering leather pouches and such for the "period look".

Though my formal sporran was made from an entire skunk fur and it hangs almost to my ankle - the tail, that is! So I pull up the tail and hang it over the front to the side and tie it. . but it DOES attract attention and start conversations.

I even have a weasel skin to cover a scabbard for my highland sword (eventually to be completed).

Sorry no photos yet, some day I will take a pix of all my unique Celtic accoutrements & creations and upload them.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12