X Marks the Scot - An on-line community of kilt wearers.

X Marks Partners - (Go to the Partners Dedicated Forums )
USA Kilts website Celtic Croft website Celtic Corner website Houston Kiltmakers

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yellowstone and the kilt

I've actually been back a couple of weeks and have a huge amount of photos to edit (including the scotsfest) but I had an emergency gig arise (bass dropped out and so most of my time was spent memorizing) but here is my last day in Yellowstone and probably the best grizzly session I've ever had. The Obsidian sow was down in a small meadow with a creek running through it and I got to watch her for an hour before she decided to go to her day bed (catch a little sleep and nurse) Here are a few pictures from that day.
    First with age does not of necessity mean wisdom. I had tried to cross a snow covered (between 1 to 3 feet) forest floor (to get a picture of a grizzly on a buffalo carcass, pictures later) and as one would expect broke through a lot. Under were trees and stumps and one bite me pretty hard. It was pretty stupid because I know better and could have been badly hurt. Something I will need to file under "don't do stupid things" no matter what the reason.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_5634_00104a800.jpg 
Views:	8 
Size:	441.8 KB 
ID:	36919
    I went to visit my mom after the park and she said that shows me I need to wear pants. I told her if I was wearing pants I would have got a big hole in them. Logic wins.
    Obsidian (named for a mountain she frequents) had 3 coty (cubs of the year)
    One great rugby tackle

Name:	DSC_4497_00001a800.jpg 
Views:	5 
Size:	194.8 KB 
ID:	36920

Name:	DSC_4590_00001a800.jpg 
Views:	3 
Size:	137.5 KB 
ID:	36921

Name:	DSC_4608_00001a800.jpg 
Views:	3 
Size:	153.8 KB 
ID:	36922

Name:	DSC_4629_00001a800.jpg 
Views:	6 
Size:	131.8 KB 
ID:	36923

Name:	DSC_4796a800.jpg 
Views:	5 
Size:	155.2 KB 
ID:	36924
    The other days will be coming (I had two kilts after all) but I leave to go back to see family and parkadise so will have limited time on the internet (none in the park) but should get some editing done in between grandkids. Of course there will be more pictures from the trip as this year will did 4 kilts of the pokemon clan for the grandkids.

2. The Following 7 Users say 'Aye' to grizzbass For This Useful Post: