X Marks the Scot - An on-line community of kilt wearers.

X Marks Partners - (Go to the Partners Dedicated Forums )
USA Kilts website Celtic Croft website Celtic Corner website Houston Kiltmakers

User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by OC Richard View Post
    What I find interesting is how often the military has more common sense in these matters than civilian pipe bands.

Here's what you say: no ties, and short (rolled-up) sleeves.
    Aye, good old fashioned 'shirt sleeve order' for Summer Dress....holds whatever the weather (and in the UK, Summer time is probably a Tuesday afternoon, between 1400 and 1500 - if we're lucky )
    Dduw Bendithia pob Celtiaid

Louisville, Kentucky, USA (38° 13' 11"N x 85° 37' 32"W gets you close)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by OC Richard View Post
    BTW do you play in the Louisville pipe band? I saw them recently in Wellington.
    I used to pipe with the Louisville Pipe Band (I was PS for a few years & led the band in a few comp's and performances). Haven't competed for a couple of years due to left shoulder issues. I actually played bass drum in last fall's 40th anniversary concert (regular bass player wasn't available).

They were up there in Wellington (OH Scottish Games) - I had to work. They took third place overall out of 4, drum corps got second as a corps.

Just to try to stay on topic (apologies to the OP for the side-track), I like my Argyll to fit like a regular sport coat, just cut for kilt length. Similar sleeve length and arm hole size. I have had some issues with trying to pipe as the left side of the jacket could ride up when moving the bag into place and occasionally the bag would start slipping down if I didn't get it high enough under my arm.
    Last edited by EagleJCS; 3rd July 19 at 01:03 PM.
    John

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123