X Marks the Scot - An on-line community of kilt wearers.

X Marks Partners - (Go to the Partners Dedicated Forums )
USA Kilts website Celtic Croft website Celtic Corner website Houston Kiltmakers

User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I enjoy this type of thread for two reasons. The first being the ebb and flow of fashion trends toward any one item. The second allows debate on function and personal preference as a solution. I still make my flashes with elastic and quality fabric. I will try different styles because of the novelty. I now have a set of wool ties I purchased and favor. The result is my hose are held in place high on my leg. Thanks to all who contribute here.

Even the King's throne can be chopped into firewood if the Monarch is freezing to death.

2. The Following User Says 'Aye' to Tarheel For This Useful Post:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Other Flashes

I have traditionals, I also have some "plaid" flashes, but never wear matching to my Kilt.

However, I usually wear "Ties", which are a pseudo plaid I buy at the swap meet. I have pairs in various colors from of white and blues, greens, to red & black, also solid colors depending on which Kilt I wear for whatever occasion. Then I tie around with big loops and ends and fold over the sock tops. They always look impressive and with ties, I can adjust if I have a sgian dubh tucked in.

I also don't stick with traditional kilt hose, as I also use golf socks (originally for use with golf knickers, but I don't golf - or wear those knickers, either). Though sometimes I scour eBay for other unique looking knee high socks that will fit my thick 'highlander' legs!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12