X Marks the Scot - An on-line community of kilt wearers.

X Marks Partners - (Go to the Partners Dedicated Forums )
USA Kilts website Freedom Kilts website Scotweb websiten Burnetts and Struth website The Scottish Trading Company
Xmarks advertising information Celtic Croft website Xmarks advertising information Celtic Corner website Xmarks advertising information

User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bad Monkey View Post
    well, the jacket the piper is wearing looks much better than I thought the jacket in the ad would. It could be the photo settings, but the piper's jacket looks a little more 'brown' overall. Still, I'm more of an overcheck/houndstooth kinda guy. I'm glad you posted that pic, though; it's not as busy in context as a picture of just the jacket itself makes it out to be.
    I'm an unabashed fan of "loud" tweeds, and I generally think that they pair better with tartan kilts than most people imagine. Looking back at vintage photos, bold tweed patterns are all over the place. They offer a lot of visual interest, individuality, and style.

I have a jacket similar to the one that piper is wearing; I think it complements the tartan in my kilt quite well. The pattern size is not quite as large as the one in the OP, nor do the colours have as much contrast within the pattern. But I think when the jacket is seen by itself, it appears much more bold than it does when put together as part of an overall outfit. There probably is a point where it's "too much", but one would have to work pretty hard to find it.

2. The Following 6 Users say 'Aye' to Tobus For This Useful Post:

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That looks great on you! Your outfits are always impeccable.
    Proud Mountaineer from the Highlands of West Virginia; son of the Revolution and Civil War; first Europeans on the Guyandotte

4. The Following User Says 'Aye' to OC Richard For This Useful Post:

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12