X Marks the Scot - An on-line community of kilt wearers.

X Marks Partners - (Go to the Partners Dedicated Forums )
USA Kilts website Celtic Croft website Celtic Corner website Houston Kiltmakers

User Tag List

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Gentleman of Substance Collection of Kilts

I am putting up my entire collection for sale to finance the purchase of new kilts. My loss (100 pounds and counting) is your gain!

These kilts were all worn by me with undergarments in a non-smoking, no pet home. Most kilts except where noted have been modified to accommodate a “Gentleman of Substance”, aka a large belly. If you are large (I was 312 lbs and 6 foot) you know that you have two comfortable alternatives to wear a standard kilt: up around your armpits (no thanks) or at the waist or lower which causes the top to be lower in the front than the back. That means that the “hem” of the kilt when worn properly just above the knees in the front is somewhere four or five inches higher in the rear giving you that mini skirt/tutu look! Again, no thanks.

The Wizard will tell you that the proper way to deal with this is to have a custom-made kilt with a sloped top so that the hem is parallel to the ground. Of course, this is correct but for just kicking around, I don’t want to be dropping near a grand on custom made kilts or spending $300 to modify a $100 kilt! In my case, I ordered the kilts longer than required and my seamstress “hemmed” the kilts to be short in the front and long in the back. When worn, the hem line is parallel to the ground. Simply solution.

Condition of each kilt is noted and photos are available upon request. I don’t want to consume huge amounts of bandwidth.

Prices are in CANADIAN dollars and the buyer covers the actual shipping costs anywhere in the known world. Paypal and Interac transfer are preferred. Shipping from Sharon, Ontario, Canada. (For estimate, google “Canada Post” and figure on a double thick pizza box that weighs 1.0 to 1.5 kg each kilt average – no, I will not be recycling old pizza boxes to ship!!)

Prices updated January 27th

#1 SOLD

#2 SOLD

#3 UT Kilts – Black Deluxe utility kilt in cotton canvas, mild wear, needs a good pressing, size 52 (20” front length, 25” rear length) -- $25
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	black utility.jpg 
Views:	3 
Size:	84.8 KB 
ID:	37068

#4 DNKE Kilt – Dark Brown Greenhorn in heavyweight cotton canvas, worn condition but serviceable, needs a pressing, size XXL (47-48”) (21” front length, 24” rear length) -- $25

Name:	brown utility.jpg 
Views:	4 
Size:	96.8 KB 
ID:	37069

#5 SOLD

#6 SOLD

#7 SOLD

#8 Sport Kilt – The Works kilt in Murphy/Tara tartan, poly-blend, leather straps and belt loops, very good condition, size XXL (47-51”) (21” front length, 25” rear length) -- $60

Name:	murphy.jpg 
Views:	3 
Size:	119.5 KB 
ID:	37073

#9 Sport Kilt – The Works kilt in California tartan, poly-blend, leather straps and belt loops, very good condition, size XXL (47-51”) (21” front length, 25” rear length) -- $60

Name:	california.jpg 
Views:	2 
Size:	103.8 KB 
ID:	37074
    Last edited by BjornBsrkr; 27th January 20 at 02:51 PM. Reason: Five sold

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @BjornBsrkr I'm sending you a PM