X Marks the Scot - An on-line community of kilt wearers.

X Marks Partners - (Go to the Partners Dedicated Forums )
USA Kilts website Celtic Croft website Celtic Corner website Houston Kiltmakers

User Tag List

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Best wishes with the new stage of adventure Steve. I have only been on the X-Marks forum a short while and it is very evident that you have created a special resource for people interested in all things ‘kilty’ to enjoy.
    He aha te mea nui o te ao?
    What is the most important thing in the world?
    He tangata, he tangata, he tangata
    It is the people, it is the people, it is the people

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Congratulations Steve on deciding on the next phase of your life. The important thing is to keep busy and I know you will. I retired almost two years ago. Looking at what I am doing now in retirement I don't know how I had time to go to work.

I wish you the best.

Mike

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Congratulations Steve!
    Being retired now going on 13 yrs - let me give you the first thing you need to know; when you're asked now that your retired when do you get out of bed?
    The proper answer - when I feel like it! I'll miss our conversations you're one of the few people who knows anything about the area I live in. I loved the story about the two boat builders who sailed down the Susquehanna River. Wishing you and your beloved nothing but God's peace and joy!!!!

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Steve,
    Congratulations and best wishes on your "retirement". While being a sole proprietor definitely has its advantages it also has its downfalls. I'm sure you'll keep busy doing what you love. Thanks again for all your hard work in keeping XMarksTheScot up and running while also running your business.
    His Exalted Highness Duke Standard the Pertinacious of Chalmondley by St Peasoup
    Member Order of the Dandelion
    Per Electum - Non consanguinitam

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Steve...sincerest congratulations! Retirement is great, especially if you find something you enjoy doing to replace some of the time you spent working, travel, volunteering, etc. I highly recommend both!
    Slainte my friend!
    Bill aka Liam
    "Good judgement comes from experience, and experience
    well, that comes from poor judgement."
    A. A. Milne

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Congratulations, and all good wishes for the future. Living in a completely different part of the world, I've never had the opportunity to visit your shop, but what I have read on X-Marks does appear truly impressive.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Best wishes for a happy and rewarding retirement. It will be 9 years for me come December and I honestly don't know where the time went. You may actually find you have less 'free time' in retirement then when you worked? Sounds crazy, but it has certainly been that way for me. Take care!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Glad for you and Bobbie, sad for the rest of us. Though maybe now we will see pictures of a Freedom Kilt being crafted with a volcanic background like in some of Barb Tewksbury's posts or depending on your politics a replica of a volcano in Las Vegas

Let me raise a an internet pint in celebration of this newest phase of your lives. Enjoy.

9. The Following User Says 'Aye' to bodhran4me For This Useful Post:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Congratulations! Thank you for your service to the nation and the kilt community.

I hope you and Bobbie will share your retirement adventures with us here on X Marks.
    Tulach Ard

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Steve,

Many congratulations as you enter a new chapter of life's rich tapestry (no pun intended...). Thank you for making me so welcome when I joined this (proud to be called) Rabble; I have learned a lot from them and from your technical knowledge. Thank you. Enjoy (semi?) retirement. I just regret that I never got the chance to call when visiting my brother-in-law.

Safe, and enjoyable onward adventures.
    Dduw Bendithia pob Celtiaid

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast