X Marks the Scot - An on-line community of kilt wearers.

X Marks Partners - (Go to the Partners Dedicated Forums )
USA Kilts website Celtic Croft website Celtic Corner website Houston Kiltmakers

User Tag List

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    JohnnyO is offline Oops, it seems this member needs to update their email address
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bring Forrit the Tartan

Almost seems appropriate that just as you prepare to sign off this part of working (tartan) life I get to join the Forum, Steve. Have a wonderfull time, somehow I have the feeling that you'll be just as busy as ever.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank You and Best Wishes in Your Futures endeavors.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Steve we have had our ups and downs over the years, however please know that I wish all the best for your retirement. I thought I was done buying kilts but may need to finally get a Freedom Kilt.

4. The Following User Says 'Aye' to McMurdo For This Useful Post:

3389 Schuylkill Rd, Spring City, PA 19475
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Congrats on "retirement", Steve! I know you well enough to know you won't be idle long, hence the quotations. 😊

Inverness-shire, Scotland & British Columbia, Canada
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This has been a good while coming, Steve and Bobbie, but Ruth and I finally welcome you to our side of the retirement line. Hmm, well, Ruth is not yet quite retired, either, but will do so about the same time as you. You have worked hard and done well, my friend, and certainly deserve longer periods of relaxation -- and the ability to do what YOU want to do, when you want to do it. Perhaps that means that the two of you will find occasion to visit us on the east side of the Salish Sea, or even at Tomatin?

All of us are encouraged that you will not entirely cease your kilt-making. I've one more on the table, I know.

And we acknowledge your truly exceptional ongoing commitment to XMarks. You had your detractors -- as you say -- but those of us who watched you and understood your vision are still the XMTS community reading this thread today. Good on us, but definitely good on you.

Thoroughly enjoy your many less-pressured years to come.

ThistleDown/Rex
    Last edited by ThistleDown; 4th July 19 at 07:40 PM.

7. The Following 2 Users say 'Aye' to ThistleDown For This Useful Post:

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For years my parting line with friends, or simply walking away from the cash register, has been, "Have fun.". I hope you have been, and will be even
    more so, and more often. I'm saddened to know this is happening before I could get to your shop to get a Freedom Kilt. I am grateful to have had
    interaction with someone with such a strong commitment to serve. Thank you. This is the only social media in which I indulge, and it is a welcome gift
    in my life. Perhaps I may still manage to get one of your kilts, and I'll enjoy knowing you'll have more opportunity for Freedom to savor.

Again, Thank you.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Congratulations from Killeen

Enjoy your retirement!

Jack

Montgomery Village, Maryland, near Washington, District of Columbia
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wish you all the best, Steve. I am sorry I never got out to your shop, but I do have the Dress Blue kilt you made, which I expect to keep wearing to Marine Corp Birthday Balls until they throw dirt in my face!
    Geoff Withnell

"My comrades, they did never yield, for courage knows no bounds."
    No longer subject to reveille US Marine.

Victoria, British Columbia, Canada (OCONCAN)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Steve and Bobbie, I congratulate you on your retirement! You deserve it!
    I've been coming to your shop since the very beginning, when it was a corner in your house, and Anna and I will certainly miss being able to drop in for a visit to the shop on a Saturday afternoon. We know where you live, though, and we will keep our friendship going after the store is closed. Thank you for the kilts you've made me, all the accessories you've provided, and the alterations and advice you've given me over the years.
    All the best to you and Bobbie in this new phase of your lives,
    David and Anna.
    "Touch not the cat bot a glove."

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Congratulations oto you both on your "semi-retirement". I hope it is less hectic than mine, which is not a lot less demanding than when I ran a small business. Hopefully you don't have 3 generations living with you as we do; some say it keeps you young, but at times it wears you out. All the very best and I still hope to be able to one day justify having you make a kilt for me.
    If you are going to do it, do it in a kilt!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast