X Marks the Scot - An on-line community of kilt wearers.

X Marks Partners - (Go to the Partners Dedicated Forums )
USA Kilts website Celtic Croft website Celtic Corner website Houston Kiltmakers

User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mel1721L is offline Registration terminated at the member's request
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Benning Boy View Post
    I wear 5.11 Tactical kilts with kilt hose and a plaid (tartan) shirts, just reversing what I might do when wearing a traditional kilt. That is when wearing traditional I wear a solid colored shirt and near matching hose. So far I haven't worn scrunched socks and boots with the 5.11s. I ordinarily don't dress like a hip young guy, being a conservative in all ways old guy, so I haven't warmed to the scrunched hose and boots way of dress. It seems to me the boots and scrunched look would only be correct when worn with a tee shirt.
    I'm 64 and wear boots with scrunched down socks, but not in the summer, it's too hot for boots. I can't see a conservative man wearing a 5.11 TDK though? Come on, experiment!

2. The Following User Says 'Aye' to Mel1721L For This Useful Post:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    With a utility kilt I usually wear whatever I have on if I am just running errands on the weekends.
    If I am wearing one to work or some other activity like going out to dinner I will usually wear longer socks, usually brightly colored. I did notice at a conference I went to entirely kilted for the week I got more compliments with brighter colored socks. At a professional society chapter meeting one of the women asked if it was a fashion faux pas not to wear long socks. My answer was that I was pretty much going against conventions wearing a kilt so I could wear whatever I felt without worry, but that I thought I looked better with longer socks. Some of the vendors in the data management space will give out socks with their logos... usually not terribly long but i'll wear them if I like the product... and they appreciate the publicity.
    Oh, and I just turned 67. Rode my bicycle my age in miles and added 7 miles when I made a wrong turn.
    Last edited by rmcglew3; 1st August 19 at 07:09 PM.

4. The Following User Says 'Aye' to rmcglew3 For This Useful Post:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    on the topic of sporrans... I think a survival sporran from StillWater Kilts would look good with a utility kilt. I am not a fan of utility kilts, but I think this sporran would really complete the look. I saw that UTKilts has a tactical sporran, but it looks to big, and thats why i didnt go with it.

I dont have a picture of one on this computer, but here is a posting that has a picture of it in it

http://www.xmarksthescot.com/forum/f...n-chain-95682/

and this where I am wearing it.

http://www.xmarksthescot.com/forum/f...ts4less-95696/

6. The Following 2 Users say 'Aye' to MikeC For This Useful Post:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeC View Post
    on the topic of sporrans... I think a survival sporran from StillWater Kilts would look good with a utility kilt. I am not a fan of utility kilts, but I think this sporran would really complete the look. I saw that UTKilts has a tactical sporran, but it looks to big, and thats why i didnt go with it.

I dont have a picture of one on this computer, but here is a posting that has a picture of it in it

http://www.xmarksthescot.com/forum/f...n-chain-95682/

and this where I am wearing it.

http://www.xmarksthescot.com/forum/f...ts4less-95696/
    I bought what I thought was a day sporran. It is leather with tassels. However, the front is a white leather or off white. I chose it because the UT that I bought are black and I figured that it would make a decent contrast.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That'll look good. I was just offering a suggestion. My first sporran was a black leather one, I also have a black rabbit fur one for dress, but the survival sporran is my go to one now, as its super casual.

9. The Following User Says 'Aye' to MikeC For This Useful Post:

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12