Hello to all. Have not acquired my first kilt yet, but I'm trying to build an outfit that will work well for daywear at my college and about the town. I've got a plain black sporran, sporran strap, and kilt belt (all black, yes), and am planning to wear polos most of the time (black or white, maybe gray as well, nothing overly busy or flashy) with regular calf-high socks until i get actual good hose. The main quandary I've run into is: what shoes would complement the kilt best, as a day-in-day-out option? My initial thoughts were semi-brogues, since they are what many of you wear for daywear. My only complaint with those is that I am not sure about the leather sole, as I wouldn't want to slip when walking on carpet or wet surfaces. I've also looked at hiking boots, or Dr Martens, but those strike me as a bit too... bulky, I guess? I have also considered just getting black sneakers, but haven't thought too much about that.

The reason I got black for my sporran, belt, etc is because I figured it would have more versatility than brown, and it would match my tartan (Irish Heritage) better. If you guys have any advice, or want to correct things, etc, I'm all ears. Thanks!