X Marks the Scot - An on-line community of kilt wearers.

X Marks Partners - (Go to the Partners Dedicated Forums )
USA Kilts website Celtic Croft website Celtic Corner website Houston Kiltmakers

User Tag List

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

New Pics of CADPAT, MARPATs and Camos

Just posted new pics of Freedom Kilts CADPAT and Desert Camo in the Freedom Kilt Gallery.

Posted new pics of Pittsburgh Kilts Forest and Desert MARPATs in the PK Gallery.

Posted new pics of the Utilikilt Original Forest Camo in the UK gallery...also some Tan Original pics

Even added a SportKilt pic in my personal gallery...and if its easier most of the above are also in my personal gallery.

And, included a pic of that WalMart hanger in my personal gallery.

I love this stuff!!
    Ol' Macdonald himself, a proud son of Skye and Cape Breton Island
    Lifetime Member STA. Two time winner of Utilikiltarian of the Month.
    "I'll have a kilt please, a nice hand sewn tartan, 16 ounce Strome. Oh, and a sporran on the side, with a strap please."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ron,

Great pictures! Glad to see someone else wearing Z-Coils, They look awesome with any kilt! IMHO
    Glen McGuire

A Life Lived in Fear, Is a Life Half Lived.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Glen,

I'm addicted to ZCoils too...have seven pair...black, white, and blue/white Freedom, Black and White Cloudwalkers, Desert Hikers, and the Z Duty Workboot. Took away my pain!

Added some more kilt shots from my sister's camera.

Ron
    "I'll have a kilt please, a nice hand sewn tartan, 16 ounce Strome. Oh, and a sporran on the side, with a strap please."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dude, I'm diggin' the way that the Pittsburgh Kilts hang. I've heard NOTHING but good comments about the craftsmanship, quality and service.

I'm just a little freaked at how much they look like the AmeriKilt though. 8)

I guess it's the identical sporran.
    Arise. Kill. Eat.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Only have the black Amerikilt to compare Pittsburgh Kilts to. PK "sporran" is thicker material, has two compartments inside instead of just the one with AK, and I like how the PK "sporran" hangs straight down rather than "sideways" with the AK.

PK kilt fabric is a bit thicker. PK pleats are a bit deeper. PK is adjustable for weight change, and even the adjuster deals can be removed and resewn for drastic changes.

PKs are the only kilts I have with a "butt apron" inside...extra warmth, and nicer to sit on.

PK Belt loops are about an inch wider, and there's that wonderful PK underapron pocket. I've carried my wallet, large heavy pocket knife, and even a small waterbottle in there in windy weather to keep from being arrested. I love it.

I'd guess there's a lot more material in the PK than the AK too due to the deeper pleats. I'm no expert, but side by side you'd see a LOT of differences.

Not putting AK down, have three more AKs on order and due to arrive this week. Just pointing out that they are very different kilts when you look at one of each.