X Marks the Scot - An on-line community of kilt wearers.

X Marks Partners - (Go to the Partners Dedicated Forums )
USA Kilts website Freedom Kilts website Scotweb websiten Burnetts and Struth website The Scottish Trading Company
Xmarks advertising information Celtic Croft website Xmarks advertising information Celtic Corner website Xmarks advertising information

User Tag List

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Pleats driving me insane

I had the kilt pressed. Everything was lined up. It was beautiful. You truly couldn't see the pleats - the tartan pattern was the same front and back. Then I wore it all day at work yesterday and out to dinner in the evening. By the time I was done with dinner, the pleats were so folded over, creased, and generally jacked up that it looked terrible.

I do sweep them when I sit and I doubt it's my sitting at work that's the culprit; I think it's getting into the car and sitting on the bench seating in the restaurant: both places you have to slide in sideways, that's causing the problems.

This time I didn't steam it, or do anything. I simply hung it up like normal, hoping that gravity will pull the creases out.

What am I doing wrong? Or does this happen to everyone? BTW, 5 yard wool kilt.
    Clans: Armstrong and Guthrie on Father's side.
    Other heritage: Mostly German and some Polish on Mother's side.
    Kilts: One five-yard semi-traditional in Armstrong Ancient 13oz from Lochcarron

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is much more of a problem with 5 yd kilts.... I keep a scarf in my car and will use it to keep the pleats in place as I get into a car ...not really practical for other situations. As Iím sure has been suggested get a portable steamer and use it when you get home and accept that some wrinkles are inevitable with a 5 yd kilt
    "Good judgement comes from experience, and experience
    well, that comes from poor judgement."
    A. A. Milne

3. The Following 2 Users say 'Aye' to Liam For This Useful Post: