X Marks the Scot - An on-line community of kilt wearers.

X Marks Partners - (Go to the Partners Dedicated Forums )
USA Kilts website Celtic Croft website Celtic Corner website Houston Kiltmakers

User Tag List

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Pleats driving me insane

I had the kilt pressed. Everything was lined up. It was beautiful. You truly couldn't see the pleats - the tartan pattern was the same front and back. Then I wore it all day at work yesterday and out to dinner in the evening. By the time I was done with dinner, the pleats were so folded over, creased, and generally jacked up that it looked terrible.

I do sweep them when I sit and I doubt it's my sitting at work that's the culprit; I think it's getting into the car and sitting on the bench seating in the restaurant: both places you have to slide in sideways, that's causing the problems.

This time I didn't steam it, or do anything. I simply hung it up like normal, hoping that gravity will pull the creases out.

What am I doing wrong? Or does this happen to everyone? BTW, 5 yard wool kilt.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is much more of a problem with 5 yd kilts.... I keep a scarf in my car and will use it to keep the pleats in place as I get into a car ...not really practical for other situations. As I’m sure has been suggested get a portable steamer and use it when you get home and accept that some wrinkles are inevitable with a 5 yd kilt
    "Good judgement comes from experience, and experience
    well, that comes from poor judgement."
    A. A. Milne

3. The Following 2 Users say 'Aye' to Liam For This Useful Post: