X Marks the Scot - An on-line community of kilt wearers.

X Marks Partners - (Go to the Partners Dedicated Forums )
USA Kilts website Celtic Croft website Celtic Corner website Houston Kiltmakers

User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm trying to work my schedule to make it this year, but I'm not sure right now. Hopefully things line up!

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Meet up

We will be there again this year, hoping rebelrouser, (another MacLaren,) can remind me of the meet up time as I tend to forget those things...............it's not the scotch, really.
    Cheers,

David
    "I'm not crazy about reality, but it's still the only place to get a decent meal."
    Grouch Marx

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i will remind you dave. i will carry you there if necessary

4. The Following User Says 'Aye' to rebelrouser For This Useful Post:

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello All,

By an unexpected turn of events, I will actually be in town for the games this year. However, I have a couple of quick questions:
    1. Where is this Tavern where you plan to gather Friday night?

2. I see a schedule of events for Sunday. Is it worth going on Sunday, or is everyone packed up Sat. night? I would like to bring my son, but he has a prior engagement for Saturday afternoon, so Sunday would work better, if there is enough going on.

Thanks for your help and hope to see y'all this weekend.

Andrew

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wonderful and unexpected news! The Celtic Tavern in Conyers. https://celtictavernconyers.com/ We never know how many will show, but
    a nice no-pressure sitdown and chat. Jim is a good host; interesting guy. The downside, of course is that I will almost certainly be there. We
    seem to be finishing the Games prep a little earlier and easier this year, so I may even be nearly on time. I will call Lamar and remind him, he
    sometimes is busy finishing a sporran for delivery at games.

Reminders for @Wareyin @Creag @AtlantaRandy @Catharps @Crawdaddyjc

@rebelrouser @kiltedsawyer ...... Not that far timewise from the Games if you're staying at the Mountain. David, if you're sleeping in your own
    bed Fri. night, a bit more of a drive, but timewise mine is about the same from Norcross.

@kingandrew , where are you staying? Directions? Transport? Let us know how we can help get you there. Vendors will be present both days,
    athletes, music and dance both days. See schedules http://www.smhg.org/schedSun.php

Afterthought: traffic can be a bear Saturday morning, so early arrival advised, or wait 'til closer to photo time.
    Last edited by tripleblessed; 16th October 19 at 11:25 PM.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @thescot my muchly battered brain finally fires up. We've often had a duplicate photo op Sunday for those only there one of the days.
    What say you? Or anyone else.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Smhg

Andrew, there will be plenty of activity on Sunday, although the weather is a little more questionable this year.

Tripleblessed, I appreciate the thought. My wife and I will be staying at the park Friday night but have plans to be with the MacLarens that evening. I am proud to say that since we got involved with Clan MacLaren 10+ years ago, we have made many new long lasting friendships, (they really like my wife and to a greater extent tolerate me.) I look forward to seeing you all on Saturday and/or Sunday.
    Cheers,

David
    "I'm not crazy about reality, but it's still the only place to get a decent meal."
    Grouch Marx

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I went both Saturday and Sunday last year and had more fun on Sunday! Unfortunately, I will not be able to make it this year.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We are staying with my son in East Point. Following the link, I see the Celtic Tavern is in Conyers, so I can ride over there easily on I-20, although I don't know how traffic will be on a Friday afternoon.

I think we will be at the Games Sunday, so I can (hopefully) get my son to come. The weather report seems more hopeful that day as well--for now

I'm guessing the Xmarks group will be easy to spot at the Tavern? I can just ask any table that has multiple kilt-wearers and I'll probably find y'all pretty quickly.

I will be there with my beautiful wife, so that will make me easier to spot.

Looking forward to meeting everyone,
    Andrew

11. The Following User Says 'Aye' to kingandrew For This Useful Post:

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just have too many things going on this weekend to make it. Hope everyone else has fun and I wish I could attend!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast