X Marks the Scot - An on-line community of kilt wearers.

X Marks Partners - (Go to the Partners Dedicated Forums )
USA Kilts website Celtic Croft website Celtic Corner website Houston Kiltmakers

User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cameron of Texas View Post
    I love a good flat cap (wool, cotton or otherwise) but I've found a grand total of 2 in the past 20 years which both fit good and looked good on me. I require at least a 7 3/4 size hat. Surely I'm not the only one here with this problem?
    Hanna hats go up to 2xl, 65cm. I wear 59cm hats and I've been very comfortable in a medium Hanna tweed hat which has lasted me twelve years. They sell direct online but other shops carry them as well, I got mine from MacLeods in Stratford, Ontario.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I agree with the Hana Hats suggestions.

I wear size 7 1/4 US or 58 (for the rest of the world) and I have a size Medium Hana hat that is quite comfortable and stylish on my head. It is a very appealing mossy green tweed with nubs of many other colors.

I bought the cap at the Scottish Store in Rothenburg ob der Tauber, Germany. In spite of the perhaps unlikely location, this is a great shop full of Aran sweaters, Harris Tweed jackets, Hana Hats and other fine Scottish/Irish items. My wife and I picked a couple of sweaters and a scarf, in addition to the cap. I recommend it if you are in the neighborhood.

Of course, you really ought to check out the town, too, which is a well-maintained, walled medieval town straight out of a fairy tale.

Andrew

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hannah Hats to Size 8

Amazon has Hannah Hats to size 8. I have purchased several there. They aren't all in one place however. One must hunt for them a bit. You'll find several listings for Hannah Hats, but upon opening them, only about 50% have the largest sizes such as 7&7/8 or 8. So, your 7&3/4 will be even more common.

In addition, I find Hannah Hats quite durable. Both the wool and the linen say dry clean only. But my dry cleaner said they didn't have the equipment (or familiarity or desire) to clean my caps. So I tried one in the washing machine on gentle. Then put a bandana on my head, then the cap, and wore it for about an hour to shape it and begin to dry it. Then I set it on top of the dryer as I dried a load of clothes or two. I left it overnight and the next day, she's good as new. So I did all six. They're fine as can be.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Goorin Brothers

We used to travel to Nashville and Atlanta frequently, Goorin Brothers was my regular haunt. They had a large selection on hand that was too big for me to wear ... XL and XXL.

https://www.goorin.com/collections/mens-flatcaps

5. The Following User Says 'Aye' to javankrona For This Useful Post:

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12