X Marks the Scot - An on-line community of kilt wearers.

X Marks Partners - (Go to the Partners Dedicated Forums )
USA Kilts website Celtic Croft website Celtic Corner website Houston Kiltmakers

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Kilted In Colorado

Living in Colorado near Ft Collins. This year went to the Irish Festival in Denver to hear Gaelic Storm, and a nice young lady was running a tent selling affordable kilts. So I says to myself, self, it's in your budget, the price is reasonable, you go to a few of these things a year: Get a kilt. And low and behold, I strapped it round my waist and the clouds parted and the sun shown upon the Earth, choirs of angels could be heard singing alleluia from the mountain tops, and a kilt nearly instantly became my favorite clothing item. I started wearing it more often, with the slightest provocation, until now it has become, a mere 3 months later, a nearly daily wear item. Evening time is kilt time; Weekend time is kilt time; Camping? Definitely kilt time. Restaurant? Not in my pants I'm not. I picked up another affordable option in Hunting Stewart, and have already planned my next 2 kilts for wool. Now I am trying to connect with others so I can get Kilt advice and knowledge.

2. The Following User Says 'Aye' to mikethemoose For This Useful Post:

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome to the "Great Rabble"!
    Rev'd Father Bill White: Retired Parish Priest & Elementary Headmaster. Lover of God, dogs, most people, joy, tradition, humour & clarity. Legion Padre, theologian, teacher, philosopher, linguist, encourager of hearts & souls & a firm believer in dignity, decency, & duty. A proud Canadian Sinclair.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Welcome from CO

Welcome from Castle Rock.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello and welcome from Southern California.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome from Western Canada 🇨🇦!
    "Good judgement comes from experience, and experience
    well, that comes from poor judgement."
    A. A. Milne

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome from Northglenn. Be sure to come to Colorado Tartan Day in Longmont in April.
    Greg Livingston
    Commissioner
    Clan MacLea (Livingstone)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A belated welcome from Western Michigan. As you are seeking knowledge and advice, you've definitely arrived at the right place. I lurked here for a year or so before joining the community. There is a wealth of information about kilts, history, and all the aspects of kilted life.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Greetings from Alamosa, Colo.

Quote Originally Posted by mikethemoose View Post
    Living in Colorado near Ft Collins. This year went to the Irish Festival in Denver to hear Gaelic Storm, and a nice young lady was running a tent selling affordable kilts. So I says to myself, self, it's in your budget, the price is reasonable, you go to a few of these things a year: Get a kilt. And low and behold, I strapped it round my waist and the clouds parted and the sun shown upon the Earth, choirs of angels could be heard singing alleluia from the mountain tops, and a kilt nearly instantly became my favorite clothing item. I started wearing it more often, with the slightest provocation, until now it has become, a mere 3 months later, a nearly daily wear item. Evening time is kilt time; Weekend time is kilt time; Camping? Definitely kilt time. Restaurant? Not in my pants I'm not. I picked up another affordable option in Hunting Stewart, and have already planned my next 2 kilts for wool. Now I am trying to connect with others so I can get Kilt advice and knowledge.
    I'm a kilt wearer from the San Luis Valley where it can be a might nippy. I'm a desendent of Clans Cameron and McLaod.

We probably need to talk: jack9393@msn.com
    I hold the truth in such high regard, I use it sparingly!