X Marks the Scot - An on-line community of kilt wearers.

X Marks Partners - (Go to the Partners Dedicated Forums )
USA Kilts website Celtic Croft website Celtic Corner website Houston Kiltmakers

User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What to do

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Father Bill View Post
    Jock, that doesn’t work very well in Scottish Lodges where the kilt is the expected dress form for officers.
    If the kilt is the expected dress, then wouldn't they have a recommendation on the sporran/apron conflict? Seems to me they would have figured this out by now.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobus View Post
    If the kilt is the expected dress, then wouldn't they have a recommendation on the sporran/apron conflict? Seems to me they would have figured this out by now.
    Yup. I described it above: fairly empty sporran worn as low as is appropriate for Highland dress, apron worn fairly high. It works not badly on most body types.
    Rev'd Father Bill White: Retired Parish Priest & Elementary Headmaster. Lover of God, dogs, most people, joy, tradition, humour & clarity. Legion Padre, theologian, teacher, philosopher, linguist, encourager of hearts & souls & a firm believer in dignity, decency, & duty. A proud Canadian Sinclair.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

what to do

Hi Everyone, can I say thank you for all the replies, just one point to make to Jocks point is this is not me who said I'm going to wear my kilt it was a senior member, I did say to this person that it's not the dress for the lodge, but he insisted he was going to propose it, I have been to a lodge where a Scots lodge came to a demo they were all kilted if I think back they wore their sporrans to the side, yes Jock I understand your meaning as we normally wear dinner suits and bow ties. I do think this is a one off. Oh Father Bill I don't have a belly my stomach is pretty flat so the apron lays flat I hope I have not opened a can of worms here.
    Dirk95
    Derek

4. The Following User Says 'Aye' to Dirk95 For This Useful Post:

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12