X Marks the Scot - An on-line community of kilt wearers.

X Marks Partners - (Go to the Partners Dedicated Forums )
USA Kilts website Freedom Kilts website Scotweb websiten Burnetts and Struth website The Scottish Trading Company
Xmarks advertising information Celtic Croft website Xmarks advertising information Celtic Corner website Xmarks advertising information

User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jacques View Post
    Luke,

Where did you get your regimental waistkit and coat?

Thanks much

Jacques
    The laced waistcoat was one that I picked up in a trade. It was 40th of Foot out of Canada. Wool is rather thin, and its linen lined. I switched out the lace and shortened it for wear with the 42nd. The Unlaced buff faced coat was bespoke, Woolrich wool and K&P bay/broadcloth lining and cuffs , the unlaced madder and buff faced red drummers coat are K&P wool, I made with the pattern that was part of the deal on the bespoke coat.

2. The Following 2 Users say 'Aye' to Luke MacGillie For This Useful Post:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've only tried wearing the kilt like that a few times. More often the back just hangs long behind me. But I wanted to give it a go. I don't like the brooch and prefer to simply tie it with twill tape. Much more secure.

Quote Originally Posted by dcommini View Post
    I'm not a fan of wearing the belted plaid over the shoulder like that, it just feels too restricting to me. If it's cold and wet I'll wear it over my shoulders like a cloak. I'll have to see if I have any pictures to attach...

::EDIT::

I found some pictures...

Attachment 37805
    Attachment 37806

It's good for keeping off the rain and for cuddles/protecting your child from the rain as well.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123