X Marks the Scot - An on-line community of kilt wearers.

X Marks Partners - (Go to the Partners Dedicated Forums )
USA Kilts website Celtic Croft website Celtic Corner website Houston Kiltmakers

User Tag List

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jthk View Post
    Gotcha.

When you're spending that much time in the belted plaid, what do you usually do with the top bits?
    The coats and waistcoats that I wear were purpose designed to wear with a great kilt. So there are strips of cloth at the back to pull the plaid under. And then my plaid has rosettes concealing button holes at each corner and a twill tape tie sewn midway that allows me to connect it. Connect it to anything. I could, as they did, use it as a makeshift sail of need be.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Luke MacGillie View Post
    The coats and waistcoats that I wear were purpose designed to wear with a great kilt. So there are strips of cloth at the back to pull the plaid under. And then my plaid has rosettes concealing button holes at each corner and a twill tape tie sewn midway that allows me to connect it. Connect it to anything. I could, as they did, use it as a makeshift sail of need be.
    Thanks for your reply. I'd imagine that clothing best suited for the belted plaid would be (gasp!) clothing from the time period. Like you, I'd rarely go "out" in my plaid but would go out in the bush with it. When I go out into the social public world, I nearly always wear a traditional kilt.

Best,
    Jonathan

3. The Following User Says 'Aye' to jthk For This Useful Post:

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345