X Marks the Scot - An on-line community of kilt wearers.

X Marks Partners - (Go to the Partners Dedicated Forums )
USA Kilts website Celtic Croft website Celtic Corner website Houston Kiltmakers

User Tag List

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Has a date been settled on yet? It’s getting late.... tick tick tick
    LOCH SLOY!
    Cheers, Wil

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @tripleblessed, my off days near Burns' birthday are January 22, 23, 27, 28 & 31st
    Rebecca (Becky) Deckard
    American descendant of Irish and Scottish pioneers
    member of Daughters of the American Revolution
    member of Clan Guthrie USA

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wil View Post
    Has a date been settled on yet? It’s getting late.... tick tick tick
    Where is everyone?? Haha
    Rebecca (Becky) Deckard
    American descendant of Irish and Scottish pioneers
    member of Daughters of the American Revolution
    member of Clan Guthrie USA

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Normally by now we have some life breathed into this by now.
    Hopefully it will be a little more than a few wee drams a few people bellied up to the bar.....
    Let’s hope on this folks
    LOCH SLOY!
    Cheers, Wil

5. The Following User Says 'Aye' to Wil For This Useful Post:

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AlabamaCelticLass View Post
    Where is everyone??
    Good question. I tagged 10, 2 replies. Several phone calls and e-mails, one response. I'm beginning to think folk signed up for a scientific
    expedition to Antarctica.

So, @Tarheel , @Profane James , @rebelrouser ; if you see a weird guy in a kilt lurking about, just get ready for some haggis. A road trip
    and some anesthetic persuasion may be the key to importing some ringers to fill our tables.

YO! SAM! JIM! @Wareyin @thescot : that persistent ringing in your ear is us trying to get your attention.
    Last edited by tripleblessed; 10th January 20 at 11:05 AM.

7. The Following User Says 'Aye' to tripleblessed For This Useful Post:

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Do we have a date? It's hard to say if I can come without one. I know the GA area Buchanan Burns night is the 26th, and my wife may or may not have made plans for me any other date!

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    OK. OK. OK. I'm awake. (I know, I sound like Grandfather Clock, but only a few of you will understand that allusion.) Let's get this show on the road.

For an old retired guy, I stay pretty busy, so I have been slack, especially since I've been tutoring, grandfathering, wife's been sick since Christmas, and blah, blah, blah.

Besides, since I've been totally buried the last year or two, you guys have done an excellent job of planning.

I say we go for Jan 31 since that's the only weekend date the CelticLass is off. I am not in the least opposed to a weekday meeting to match some of her other dates, but I fear you poor working stiffs who travel a bit might not make it. Sing out loud and clear soon so we can have consensus. Greg is hanging in there, and Landon, the new wannabe owner, is also a friend and a lodge brother, so that's no problem. I imagine Holly will want to come make the haggis and whiskey sauce, so we're good as to venue and menu.

I am determined to make it this year. Got the kilt all de-stunk and the hose washed. I even admired myself in the mirror with a bonnet the other day. So now, let's sound off.

1. Is a week night out of the question for anyone? Say so if it is. The place would be less crowded and we'd have less competition, but . . .
    2. Is Jan 31 agreeable?
    3. Who's gonna volunteer for what parts? Speak up. Michael needs t hear your voices, and we don't want some piddling turnout for Rabbie's Dee.
    4. Can you call your friends and get some of them to come? We really do need a head count in advance, so we need a solid date by--oh, let's say SUNDAY!

OK, boys (and one very lovely girl . . . who carries a gun on duty, so I don't mess with her) let's get this settled. Time is short and the haggis needs time to rest.
    Jim Killman
    Writer, Philosopher, Teacher of English and Math, Soldier of Fortune, Bon Vivant, Heart Transplant Recipient, Knight of St. Andrew (among other knighthoods)
    Freedom is not free, but the US Marine Corps will pay most of your share.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    BTW: (just to get things done)

The Lass's dates of Jan. 22, 23, and 28 actually work better for me if you guys can do a weekday, but I'm more flexible that many of you. Sing out, lads ( and Ms. Lass). Let's hear ya.
    Jim Killman
    Writer, Philosopher, Teacher of English and Math, Soldier of Fortune, Bon Vivant, Heart Transplant Recipient, Knight of St. Andrew (among other knighthoods)
    Freedom is not free, but the US Marine Corps will pay most of your share.

Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    28th or 31st works best for me. I'm in the middle of a major project at work - culminating the week of the 20th - so I don't feel up to volunteering for a major part this year. But I'll be pleased to read a poem and offer some commentary on it.
    Last edited by Creag; 11th January 20 at 07:32 AM.
    Craig Jones
    ---
    It’s a lang road that’s no goat a turnin

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Okay. Finally adult supervision. Weeknight can work for me, but I'm thinking 31st is better for most. I'm in for two.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast