X Marks the Scot - An on-line community of kilt wearers.

X Marks Partners - (Go to the Partners Dedicated Forums )
USA Kilts website Celtic Croft website Celtic Corner website Houston Kiltmakers

User Tag List

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wil View Post
    Not sure we are going to make it tonight. I’ve had a crazy work with travel and just now getting home and still working....lol
    All work and no play makes Wil a dull boy. Come on out for some fun.
    Jim Killman
    Writer, Philosopher, Teacher of English and Math, Soldier of Fortune, Bon Vivant, Heart Transplant Recipient, Knight of St. Andrew (among other knighthoods)
    Freedom is not free, but the US Marine Corps will pay most of your share.

2. The Following User Says 'Aye' to thescot For This Useful Post:

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The weirdest thing. My past must be coming back to haunt me. It seems only a couple or three weeks ago I was standing in front of some
    folk talking to a sausage and playing a guitar, but I know I couldn't have. How I know is that had I actually done that, there would be
    pictures on a thread somewhere. There are pictures of me from other years doing similar stuff, so I know those happened; maybe they
    are returning to bedevil my thoughts. Past failures come back to nip at my heels.

Or maybe it did happen again, but ships from other worlds snatched up all other survivors to study folk in strange outfits before they could
    return home and post pictures. Or maybe the ever shifting vagaries of interstellar commerce were threatened, and Men In Black got them.
    Any insights from around the forum might be helpful. Has anyone else ever had this problem, but found a solution?

Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Craig Jones
    ---
    It’s a lang road that’s no goat a turnin

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I know I took a bunch of photos, but somehow can't find half of them now. Here's Creag giving the Grace:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	creag.jpg 
Views:	14 
Size:	164.6 KB 
ID:	38223

And tripleblessed talking to a sausage:

Name:	tripleblessed.jpg 
Views:	12 
Size:	170.3 KB 
ID:	38224

Jim even sang for us during the memory!

Name:	jimthescottguitar.jpg 
Views:	10 
Size:	166.0 KB 
ID:	38225

AlabamaCelticLass giving her Lassie's Response:

Name:	alabamacelticlass.jpg 
Views:	17 
Size:	198.1 KB 
ID:	38226

I do have others, including Jim's friend Scott giving the Toast to the Lassies, but I don't know about posting those who aren't on the forum.
    Last edited by Wareyin; 19th February 20 at 07:13 PM.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sam, thanks for posting. I thought more were coming, so didn't comment. Then, I thought, there were more cameras - there'll be more folk posting.
    So I waited to include later photos in comments. Nothing. Now I'm wondering what happened. Seems like such an earth- shaking, momentous occasion would get a much bigger response. I am referring, of course to getting a song from Jim. And there were several shots taken outside.

Wha hoppen?

Did Jim's internet privileges get suspended for making a public spectacle of himself? Were Becky and Will abducted by aliens on the way home? Did
    the Little River flood and wash away enough of Alabama that they drove off the face of the earth? Will our beloved friends resurface with memory
    gaps? Or tales of finding themselves marooned on a remote island? Stay tuned for next month's exciting cliff-hanger episode.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am ashamed of my absence... but greatly amused by the last post. Though we've had our share of rain, Little River did not 'warsh' away our state.... and there was no alien abduction (that I recall). 🤔 I suppose that leaves me with the conclusion that I have neglected my duties here 😬

I did take quite a few pictures but I have never had good luck adding them on here from my phone. I will read the instructions and try again... unless @Wareyin or anyone else has advice for me 🙂
    Rebecca (Becky) Deckard
    American descendant of Irish and Scottish pioneers
    member of Daughters of the American Revolution
    member of Clan Guthrie USA

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am ashamed of my absence... but greatly amused by the last post. Though we've had our share of rain, Little River did not 'warsh' away our state.... and there was no alien abduction (that I recall). 🤔 I suppose that leaves me with the conclusion that I have neglected my duties here 😬

I did take quite a few pictures but I have never had good luck adding them on here from my phone. I will read the instructions and try again... unless @Wareyin or anyone else has advice for me 🙂
    Rebecca (Becky) Deckard

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Rebecca (Becky) Deckard

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry for the triple reply. It was not loading at all, I kept having to re-try... 🙄
    Rebecca (Becky) Deckard

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AlabamaCelticLass View Post

I will remind you that weird electronic disturbance often accompanies abductions. Are you sure you got straight home? Perhaps the pictures are not
    really on your phone anymore; maybe it's just that you think they are. If you have doubts, I know lots of very strange folk, so maybe I can
    put you in touch with someone who can help you recover time and memory. Glad to know you have resurfaced. That does not, however,
    explain why there are no pictures from Jim or Creag. Many were taken (ooh. Is that inappropriate wording for this conversation?) We know Craig
    survived, and clearly he had conversation with the others, but I assume they confiscated his photos except for the one he posted. Maybe he could
    invite his new friend to our next kilt night. If we ever have another.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast