X Marks the Scot - An on-line community of kilt wearers.

X Marks Partners - (Go to the Partners Dedicated Forums )
USA Kilts website Celtic Croft website Celtic Corner website Houston Kiltmakers

User Tag List

Thread: XMTS Discount?

Hybrid View

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

XMTS Discount?

I was looking to order a couple of things from Scotweb.

However, I find if I use their new "Clan" website the XMTS discount is no longer automatically applied nor is XMTS recognised as a discount code at checkout.

Using their old "Scotweb" website the discount is automatically applied - but here's the thing: the full price on the "Clan" website (w/o discount) is actually less than the price on the "Scotweb" with the discount!!

Do we no longer qualify for discounts from this partner - or only if we are prepared to pay higher price in the first place?

2. The Following User Says 'Aye' to Tomo For This Useful Post:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you go through the banner at the top of our page the price of whatever appears reduced (cheaper) than if you go through their regular website.

TAB

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TAB View Post
    If you go through the banner at the top of our page the price of whatever appears reduced (cheaper) than if you go through their regular website.
    Yep - that's what I did - but not the point I am making.

If you click the banner add - you get the discount (woohoo) - but if you then click through from that page to their new bigger and better "Clan" website you no longer get any discount.

The new site also has different pricing (in this case lower than the old site - even with the discount). So buying the same items from the same vender through different channels gives different results - and in this case as a XTMS member taking advantage of the discount I would end up paying more using the partner offer than I would paying the standard price on their other website.

e.g.
    • Old website price is £6.00 per item (I am ordering a bunch of these so it mounts up).
    • XMTS discount on old website is 10% so price with discount is £5.40 per item.
    • New website price (without XMTS discount) is £5.00 per item.

So if I use the partner offer, which only applies on their old website, I actually end up paying 7% more than I would for the same things at the standard price on their new website.

My point is:
    1. don't assume the partner discount will be cheaper - so worth checking both sites
    2. note there is no XMTS discount on the new site (no info as to whether that is only for now)
    3. they are transitioning to the new site so things may change (e.g. Scotweb points cannot be used on the new site either).

5. The Following User Says 'Aye' to Tomo For This Useful Post:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Maybe Nick will catch this thread and be able to explain the clitch. Good luck.

TAB

7. The Following User Says 'Aye' to TAB For This Useful Post:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have to disagree that the new site is cheaper even when considering the XMTS discount on the old site.

8 YD balmoral kilt
    16 oz wallace HOE tartan, single width

New site 335 GBP $430
    Old siie no discount 333.96 GBP. $435
    Old Sie Discount 300.56GBP $390

At some points depending upon currency being displayed, VAT will get added in. They charge in GBP. they could be displaying pricing with slight conversion difference

The new sight at one point would show a $1400 for a custom woven hand sewn kilt,

But the old site with xmts discout was around $1100.

9. The Following User Says 'Aye' to AustinDiver For This Useful Post:

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AustinDiver View Post
    I have to disagree
    I have to disagree with your disagreement - I didn't say everything was cheaper on the new site, I said don't assume the old site with the discount will be cheaper... e.g. it's worth checking both for the best price.
    Last edited by Tomo; 23rd November 19 at 01:15 AM.

11. The Following User Says 'Aye' to Tomo For This Useful Post: