X Marks the Scot - An on-line community of kilt wearers.

X Marks Partners - (Go to the Partners Dedicated Forums )
USA Kilts website Celtic Croft website Celtic Corner website Houston Kiltmakers

User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wore my Great Kilt to church today

There are a few special occasions when I when I wear my kilt to church, and as my GK is my go-to (as it's the only wool kilt I own) I wore it, and a kilt jacket and vest I purchased off eBay today.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	FB_IMG_1574635278786.jpg 
Views:	155 
Size:	144.5 KB 
ID:	37843
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	FB_IMG_1574635285021.jpg 
Views:	61 
Size:	206.2 KB 
ID:	37844

Not seen in the picture is my ABF tie on account of my beard. I'm really happy with the ABF tie as it matches the color in my Armstrong tartan.
    OblSB, PhD, KOSG

"By all means, marry. If you get a good wife, you'll become happy; if you get a bad one, you'll become a philosopher." -Socrates

2. The Following 4 Users say 'Aye' to dcommini For This Useful Post:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lookin good

4. The Following User Says 'Aye' to kilted redleg For This Useful Post:

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've never tried the Great Kilt, I did help my nephew with a Great kilt once but never tried it. I love the ABF tie it just works, but the beard is epic. Well done.

6. The Following User Says 'Aye' to McMurdo For This Useful Post:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wore my kilt to church today, too.

My parish, the Church of the Holy Apostles on the Oneida Indian Reservation outside of Green Bay, combines Christ the King Sunday with the feast of the first-called apostle St. Andrew (though they just call it “Father Wears a Kilt Sunday”) and parishioners wear their ribbon shirts or skirts and other regalia.

My thurifer wore his kilt to church for the first time today, so I think I’m being a positive influence.
    Descended from Patiences of Avoch | McColls of Glasgow
    Member, Clan Mackenzie Society of the Americas | Clan Donald USA

"We have this hope, a sure and steadfast anchor of the soul." (Heb. 6:19)

8. The Following User Says 'Aye' to revdpatience For This Useful Post:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kilted redleg View Post
    Lookin good
    Thank you!
    OblSB, PhD, KOSG

"By all means, marry. If you get a good wife, you'll become happy; if you get a bad one, you'll become a philosopher." -Socrates

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by McMurdo View Post
    I've never tried the Great Kilt, I did help my nephew with a Great kilt once but never tried it. I love the ABF tie it just works, but the beard is epic. Well done.

I quite like my GK, but yes, it is work to put it on. Once I have it on, it stays on for the rest of the day.

I like the extra fabric as it gives me more cover either over my legs or as a cloak.

The ABF tie called to me the first time I saw it and I finally bought one this year. It really goes great with my tartan as it has the same colors.

And the beard took a lot of work, I'm quite proud of it!
    OblSB, PhD, KOSG

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by revdpatience View Post
    I wore my kilt to church today, too.

My parish, the Church of the Holy Apostles on the Oneida Indian Reservation outside of Green Bay, combines Christ the King Sunday with the feast of the first-called apostle St. Andrew (though they just call it “Father Wears a Kilt Sunday”) and parishioners wear their ribbon shirts or skirts and other regalia.

My thurifer wore his kilt to church for the first time today, so I think I’m being a positive influence.
    Nicely done getting others to wear a kilt!

Today was the Afterfeast of the Entrance of the Theotokos into the Temple - the actual Feast was Wednesday night/Thursday but I missed it due to work. I would have worn my kilt then if I could have made it, but since it was still technically going on today I went ahead and wore my kilt. I believe my first post on this forum was from a few years ago after taking my daughters to the service for the Feast of the Entrance of the Theotokos into the Temple and the tea party that parish had for the girls afterwards.
    OblSB, PhD, KOSG

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As has been said already: well done and epic beard! Nice work. As you may have seen from my past posts, I also wear a belted plaid and while it does take a bit of time to get used to, it usually stays put for a while once it's on. My two complains are that if I move around a lot, it gets moved around as well and that the extra weight sometimes puts a bit too much pressure on my lower back. I stitched in belt loops into one of my belted plaids and that helps everything stay put a lot more effectively but the look isn't as neat as when I hand-pleat it on the bed.

Quote Originally Posted by dcommini View Post
    There are a few special occasions when I when I wear my kilt to church, and as my GK is my go-to (as it's the only wool kilt I own) I wore it, and a kilt jacket and vest I purchased off eBay today.

Not seen in the picture is my ABF tie on account of my beard. I'm really happy with the ABF tie as it matches the color in my Armstrong tartan.

13. The Following User Says 'Aye' to jthk For This Useful Post:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    lookin good. I had a beard like that once upon a time.

15. The Following User Says 'Aye' to grizzbass For This Useful Post:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jthk View Post
    As has been said already: well done and epic beard! Nice work. As you may have seen from my past posts, I also wear a belted plaid and while it does take a bit of time to get used to, it usually stays put for a while once it's on. My two complains are that if I move around a lot, it gets moved around as well and that the extra weight sometimes puts a bit too much pressure on my lower back. I stitched in belt loops into one of my belted plaids and that helps everything stay put a lot more effectively but the look isn't as neat as when I hand-pleat it on the bed.
    I wonder why it doesn't look as good. Do you just belt it and put it on, or do you belt it, pleat it, and then put it on?
    OblSB, PhD, KOSG

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast