X Marks the Scot - An on-line community of kilt wearers.

X Marks Partners - (Go to the Partners Dedicated Forums )
USA Kilts website Celtic Croft website Celtic Corner website Houston Kiltmakers

User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow, it was a great event, glad that I finally made it. My wife who never accompanies me to Tartan Day and somewhat surprised me by suggesting this side trip from DC, said it was fun and she enjoyed it. We are thinking of coming back next year for the 50th anniversary.

We got there a bit later than expected, largely due to the fact that I tore cartilage in my knee the night before traveling so I was hobbling around on a cane. Add to that the Trolley doing their best Mussolini impression (The trolleys ran on time, despite common sense) We got off the metro, found the trolley which was full but would not leave. Due to having to follow the schedule. Then the next one came, we got on, it was packed, and we sat for 20 minutes due to the schedule. Quite a few people got off and walked.

As for lunch, just before traveling I found that there is a Myron Mixon's BBQ in Alexandria and as my wife is a big BBQ Pitmasters fan that was a must do list. Sorry we missed everyone else.

2. The Following User Says 'Aye' to AFS1970 For This Useful Post:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mael Coluim View Post
    Love the pic, Chris! It was a great weather day for the Parade. I'll post a few pics soon.
    Sorry we never got the chance to meet up! They put us near the end so I didn't get to see much of the parade but it was certainly a great event - we will definitely go back.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	AlexandriaBuchanan.jpg 
Views:	15 
Size:	102.6 KB 
ID:	37966
    President, Clan Buchanan Society International

4. The Following User Says 'Aye' to ctbuchanan For This Useful Post:

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12