X Marks the Scot - An on-line community of kilt wearers.

X Marks Partners - (Go to the Partners Dedicated Forums )
USA Kilts website Celtic Croft website Celtic Corner website Houston Kiltmakers

User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Me cousin Jack View Post
    Well played sir.
    Descendant of the Gillises and MacDonalds of North Morar.

2. The Following User Says 'Aye' to FossilHunter For This Useful Post:

From Michigan, USA. Currently in Lancashire, UK
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    After reading some of the replies, I gather that the answer would be the same for some of the things I have seen people wearing. I have seen people wearing a kilt of one clan tartan, but wearing a lapel pin for a different clan. I have also seen people wearing a kilt of one clan tartan and wearing the cap badge of another clan. Am I correct in assuming that the thoughts would be the same?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Arnot View Post
    After reading some of the replies, I gather that the answer would be the same for some of the things I have seen people wearing. I have seen people wearing a kilt of one clan tartan, but wearing a lapel pin for a different clan. I have also seen people wearing a kilt of one clan tartan and wearing the cap badge of another clan. Am I correct in assuming that the thoughts would be the same?
    Pretty well no-no's. Pick your team and wear their colours. The people who do those things probably just don't get the traditions that they're treading on. One team at a time.
    Rev'd Father Bill White: Retired Parish Priest & Elementary Headmaster. Lover of God, dogs, most people, joy, tradition, humour & clarity. Legion Padre, theologian, teacher, philosopher, linguist, encourager of hearts & souls & a firm believer in dignity, decency, & duty. A proud Canadian Sinclair.

5. The Following User Says 'Aye' to Father Bill For This Useful Post:

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't think I've knowingly seen it done, advertising two different Clans as it were.

Speaking purely from a visual standpoint it would strike me as odd-looking; about the armiger standpoint I care little.
    Proud Mountaineer from the Highlands of West Virginia; son of the Revolution and Civil War; first Europeans on the Guyandotte

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12