X Marks the Scot - An on-line community of kilt wearers.

X Marks Partners - (Go to the Partners Dedicated Forums )
USA Kilts website Celtic Croft website Celtic Corner website Houston Kiltmakers

User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: First Light

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks to many

KiltedJohn & JockScot & all the other greeters, not only am I new to kilts and the great plaid, I am new to this posting, blogging or whatever. All I know for certain is that my wife (40 years) and I had the most outstanding adventure on last summer's visit to the England, Scotland and Ireland. All of Scotland has the most wonderful geography, history and people, regardless any inclement weather. How anybody manages to drive on those narrow roads and lanes is a testament to bravery. It was absolutely necessary to have a guide and driver. Our daughter graduates Champlain College, Burlington VT this May 2020 so we will be staying close to home this year. The pull to return to Scotland is enormous. I hope we can find a rental arrangement for several weeks around Sterling / Bannockburn as that seems about midway twixt Glasgow and Edinburgh with what looks to be easy access to the Highlands. Its a bit of a haul to Inverness and the northeast coast. We'll have to do lots of research beforehand. It's not that we don't want to be pampered only in hotels but we can stay longer if we mix it up by doing some food shopping and cooking away from the lux hotels. Is this sort of extended stay something that is common and readily accomplished in Scotland. I know as an escapee from Manhattan that only a ludicrous budget could achieve such a trek in NYC. At 65+, youth hostels are no longer on the option menu. Any thoughts, suggestions? Should this be is some other section of this site. Keep in mind that I come from the age of letters and stamps and the phone call - during off peak.

Inverness-shire, Scotland & British Columbia, Canada
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome, from Inverness-shire and British Columbia.

3. The Following User Says 'Aye' to ThistleDown For This Useful Post:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome from Tennessee!
    The Official [BREN]

5. The Following User Says 'Aye' to TheOfficialBren For This Useful Post:

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12