X Marks the Scot - An on-line community of kilt wearers.

X Marks Partners - (Go to the Partners Dedicated Forums )
USA Kilts website Celtic Croft website Celtic Corner website Houston Kiltmakers

User Tag List

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Arctic Fox Sporran Review

Well, my sporran arrived today. Don is a gentleman, a craftsman and an artisan, and my Arctic fox has a lot of life in it

Don is a taxidermist first and a sporran-maker second, but that doesn't mean that there's anything wrong with the sporran.

Don was very easy to work with. Now, he wasn't quick, but as somebody said here on XMarks, you can have any two of quality, price, and speed. I chose quality and price, and was not disappointed.

The sporran is very comfortable to wear. The back is not a rigid 'board' so it doesn't dig into my thighs when I go up the stairs or for that matter, just walk around. The pouch is unusually large inside without bulging on the outside. Don't know how he did that!

Don communicated with me at each step of the work (which he does on weekends) so I knew how he was doing (and got more and more excited). He was very apologetic when there were delays - unnecessarily so - and pleasant and good-humoured to work with.

The sporran was well-packed and made it through the mails with no issues whatever.

To say that I was delighted with my new fluffy friend would be just barely the fact.

I hope that Don's relationship with XMarks will be productive for him and for our members. He deserves serious consideration.
    Last edited by Father Bill; 24th March 20 at 05:20 PM.
    Rev'd Father Bill White: Retired Parish Priest & Elementary Headmaster. Lover of God, dogs, most people, joy, tradition, humour & clarity. Legion Padre, theologian, teacher, philosopher, linguist, encourager of hearts & souls & a firm believer in dignity, decency, & duty. A proud Canadian Sinclair.

2. The Following 8 Users say 'Aye' to Father Bill For This Useful Post:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow, that's a rare beauty. Well commissioned. Fantastic work. Thanks for posting.
    South African military veteran. Great grandson of Captain William Henry Stevenson of the Highland Light Infantry, Scotland (1880's) and brother to Infantryman Peter Mark Schumann of the 2nd Transvaal Scottish, South Africa (1980's).

4. The Following User Says 'Aye' to Garth For This Useful Post:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thank you!

First, thank you Father Bill for being my first customer on X Marks, and for all of the kind words. Over this period we have exchanged quite a few emails, and developed a strong friendship! X Marks is great, eh? Anyway, thanks again, and to all, have a great day! Take care,

Don Smith

6. The Following User Says 'Aye' to Hielandman For This Useful Post:

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Don, the timing was perfect. I have always loved, and was seriously considering an Arctic Fox, so when I saw that you could do one for me... Jackpot!
    Rev'd Father Bill White: Retired Parish Priest & Elementary Headmaster. Lover of God, dogs, most people, joy, tradition, humour & clarity. Legion Padre, theologian, teacher, philosopher, linguist, encourager of hearts & souls & a firm believer in dignity, decency, & duty. A proud Canadian Sinclair.