X Marks the Scot - An on-line community of kilt wearers.

X Marks Partners - (Go to the Partners Dedicated Forums )
USA Kilts website Celtic Croft website Celtic Corner website Houston Kiltmakers

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just finished a live session with Dougie MacLean

For those that enjoy his music, but do not follow him on Facebook, Dougie MacLean has been streaming live solo performances from his studio in the Old School in Butterstone, Scotland. These have occurred every few days for the past couple of weeks at 8pm GMT. It is nice to take a brief respite from our "stay at home" lifestyle and watch (and listen) to a live performance by this gentle man. In addition to Facebook, his performances are being streamed (and archived for late enjoyment) on YouTube at butterstonestudios and on Vimeo at Butterstone Studios.
    ---------------------------------------
    One has no need for a snooze button, when one has a hungry cat.

Tartan Riders, Kilted Oregon

2. The Following 3 Users say 'Aye' to Really a McQueen For This Useful Post:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It was a cool morning in West Michigan, just above freezing. I stoked up the stove and fired up the computer.
    We've been fans of Dougie's after hearing him on "A Prairie Home Companion". We even caught a live show. I think it was "Our Front Porch" on WMCU in Mount Pleasant. For a while his website offered a monthly CD selection at 50% off. Royal Post arrived often.
    I remember taping that WMCU show onto cassettes. This morning I cast the computer to the TV. Audio from the TV was fed into the home theater. If my screen was much larger, it would have been as if these were living room concerts just for us. A great way to spend a couple of hours on a dreary morning. Cold and grey, just as we think of Scottish weather.
    Thank you for telling us about these shows. I've subscribed so I won't miss the next.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have binge watched several of his sessions. I get a kick out of his guest performers. I saw him several times one week at Celtic Colours and really enjoyed his shows. For those who don't know he wrote the song Caledonia, which could arguably be called Scotlands unofficial anthem as well as The Gael from Last of the Mohicans. I highly recommend catching his current bout of sessions.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have gotten a kick out of him or Jenny or Jamie responding with FaceBook 'likes' to the comments I have made over the series so far (Even if they are made a day or so after the event). It shows that they are reading the comments his viewers are leaving, making for a more personal experience. (We "know" it is one of them as comments to that effect have been posted on social media.
    ---------------------------------------
    One has no need for a snooze button, when one has a hungry cat.

Tartan Riders, Kilted Oregon

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've been a big fan of Dougie's over the years and really enjoying the broadcasts, #41 this Saturday. Been to Dunkeld and had a nice chat with docent at the cathedral about the MacLean family. At the pub overlooking the Tay, saw that kinsman, Jim Malcolm was coming for a performance. A memorable visit.