X Marks the Scot - An on-line community of kilt wearers.

X Marks Partners - (Go to the Partners Dedicated Forums )
USA Kilts website Celtic Croft website Celtic Corner website Houston Kiltmakers

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Best seated kilt material

Hi all, I am starting a new job after the lockdown and would like your opinion on which kilt material will be best.

It will be a non-customer facing role in IT, so mostly sitting down, but needs to be smart for the local bosses.

I have been working in the print room at the same company and have been wearing a black utility kilt for the last six months so no issues with kilt wearing.

Many thanks.
    Andy.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I work in IT and love my P/V kilts from USA Kilts. P/V seems to hold a pleat quite nicely, and although it does sometimes wrinkle a little bit, if you wash them and hang them up the wrinkles just seem to fall right out.

3. The Following User Says 'Aye' to MichiganKyle For This Useful Post:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MichiganKyle View Post
    I work in IT and love my P/V kilts from USA Kilts. P/V seems to hold a pleat quite nicely, and although it does sometimes wrinkle a little bit, if you wash them and hang them up the wrinkles just seem to fall right out.
    Do you wear it all week then wash at weekends or wear different ones during the week, I am asking about the wearability?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I generally rotate out between a couple different ones throughout the week (lately, mostly my Isle of Skye and my Spirit of Scotland) and wash them when they get dirty instead of on a set schedule. If you hang them up or lay them flat at the end of the the day, they don't tend to wrinkle badly anyway.

I would recommend doing the whole "sweep and sit" thing when you sit down so you're sitting on the pleats at least somewhat straight, but really P/V is pretty low maintenance.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MichiganKyle View Post
    I generally rotate out between a couple different ones throughout the week (lately, mostly my Isle of Skye and my Spirit of Scotland) and wash them when they get dirty instead of on a set schedule. If you hang them up or lay them flat at the end of the the day, they don't tend to wrinkle badly anyway.

I would recommend doing the whole "sweep and sit" thing when you sit down so you're sitting on the pleats at least somewhat straight, but really P/V is pretty low maintenance.
    Great to know, thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you don't already have them, get a couple of kilt hangers (USA Kilts has them). They work well for keeping the pleats nice between washings, and a couple of them (one each attached to the inside and outside aprons) works great for being able to hang them out in a straight line after drying.

8. The Following User Says 'Aye' to MichiganKyle For This Useful Post: