I will preface this by saying I am not a customer of Kilts4Less. These are merely my feelings after having read reviews here and on other online sources.

This is not the first time I have heard kilts4less(or one of their incarnations) being advertised as wool and actually being discovered to be synthetic or at least a blend. Also of note is the number of times their ex-hire lines end up being 'upgraded' to a brand new garment since the customers requested size was unavailable in ex-hire. It seems to me their ex-hire is actually made for retail sale with a lesser quality cloth.

The good news is that when presented with the 'error' in regards to wool vs synthetic blend they are agreeable and quick to make things so the customer is satisfied. Also many of their customers are quite happy with their purchase in regards to value for their money, even those quite seasoned in Highland Dress. Their customer service does seem to be exemplary even in regards to wrong sizes and so on.

The bad news is that their advertising is , as near as I can see, unfair and misleading . Even if I can't tell the difference between wool and a blend I expect to get what is advertised. It is also unfair to their competitors who do offer genuine products to be compared against these blends.

Here in Canada you can't advertise your product as ice cream unless it contains only dairy as opposed to 'edible oil products' which makes it 'frozen dessert'. In my mind they advertise an 'ice cream' kilt/jacket at 'frozen dessert' prices. They then give you a 'frozen dessert' kilt/jacket. It tastes pretty good and may be worth the money, but it still isn't the ice cream you thought you were receiving.

To the OP, good luck with your kilt build and keep us posted.

Cheers!